Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've been browsing around for the last few weeks trying to see if I want to pull the trigger and buy a used 2013 Armada SV. I'm going to travel to test drive this weekend. It's got 178k on the clock, only 2 owners though. With the year and the miles before I buy, what should I be looking for for any potential issues? I'll be taking it to a mechanic to once over before purchase, however I'm just looking to possibly point him to areas to pay closer inspection too. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Probably should have mentioned I'm in South Carolina

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
the armada is a solid vehicle. its no different than any other 4X4 suv, so if you have purchased a used suv before, whatever checklist you used for that should carry over here.

some things to note:
-any outstanding TSBs? you can get the vin and call up a dealer to find this out
-check maintenance records. did they service the car themselves or take it to nissan or a shade tree? if a 3rd party, were they well known to work on imports (even though its made in the US, it is a Japanese car maker).
-check the obd port for any codes
-fluids?
-manifolds on these cars were worry some on older models, 2013 should be ok but worth a check
- if tow package, check the hoses and sir shocks for any deterioration. does the self leveling system work? test it out to make sure. open the trunk, site 3 adult size people on the back or suitable weight. turn the car on, if rear is sagging it should pump up to level the rear with the front.

but yea, just common sense stuff you would check for any used suv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts