Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the Bose Audio that's marketed as Premium. We have it in our 2019. Since the beginning, it's been very underwhelming. It sounds muddy with no definition and way too much mid-range. And of course there is no adjustment for mid range. Bass and treble only. I find I need to keep the treble all the way up to counteract the mid range, otherwise it sounds even more one-dimensional. There is no "soundstage" to speak of, and I can tell exactly where each speaker is placed when listening. If the fade and balance are centered, it sounds like all the music is coming out of the top of the dash.

We also have a 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe with Infinity Premium Audio which sounds excellent. There is a setting called Quantum Logic Surround which creates this open, wide soundstange feeling to the music, really like it's totally surrounding you. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, just curious what the thoughts are on the Bose. I haven't found a Bose vehicle stereo yet that I've enjoyed listening to. I feel like it's more of a marketing thing to have the Bose name then anything else.

Thanks guys, happy motoring.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Bose Premium in my '04 LE. I agree, very underwhelming. All my speakers work etc, I compare this system to the SC901 in my 99 Volvo C70 cabriolet. No comparison. The SC901 is FAR superior in EVERY way. I thought about replacing the original Bose HU, but don't know if its worth it or not. Mind you, I took a trip to GA earlier this summer and I was ok with the sound. Just not what I would expect from a "premium" system!

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL RWD
99 Posts
It’s definitely not worth replacing. I traded a ‘20 Titan that had the Fender system. It was pretty awesome, by far better than the Bose in the Armada. But, the Armada has a beast cabin too. The Titan is much smaller. The Bose system in my wife’s ‘20 Maxima sounds much better than the Armada too but, there again, the interior space is much more confined in the Max. We definitely need more refined audio controls. But I can’t complain about it, at normal volume, it’s average so I’m neither her nor there. The new infotainment interface is nice.

·
Registered
2007 QX56 RWD
6 Posts
I have a 2007 QX56 with the Bose premium system. As far as I know, the head and speakers are stock. It's marketing, mostly. I can say that it is loud (with low distortion) and has good bass for annoying people at traffic lights. :)

It is the best stock sound system of any vehicle I've owned, but it's not really designed for audiophile listening, just the mass market. I run vintage, bigassed Klipsch speakers at home for surround sound and music. I'm no audio professional, but my home speakers sound great to me. The Bose system in the car is, well, adequate for most of the public. If money weren't an object, I have it yanked and replaced. For folks with discerning ears, it's just meh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts