Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if any of you have got the timing advance in the valley? I showed east valley Nissan the instructions and he told me they can’t do it and if they did it would not stay once they unplug the machine… I’ve called a couple other dealers and nobody seems to know anything.
Thanks

·
Administrator
6,471 Posts
you can search the forums for 2* timing advance. back in the day cats would use the bully dog programmer (there are many others now a days) to do this. its a couple of button presses and it stays after the module was unplugged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I did not know the tuner could do this. Got the Audi coils and Injen cai together with the borla and wow! Serious difference, can’t wait to see what it will do with a little more from a tune.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
I'd avoid pocket tuners as all they do is enrich a/f mixtures to obtain minimal gains. Get in touch with @seymore4 for Uprev. A custom tune that'll provide gains throughout the power band.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the the bully dog and the up rev, I was not really wanting to buy a laptop/computer just to put on a tune. But if it’s the best then it a no brainer. Thanks

·
Vendor
218 Posts
Uprev is hands down the best out there, its the only program that allows for true custom tuning so we can get it dialed in just right for YOUR truck.. not just a generic cookiecutter tune. As far as the computer requirements its just windows 8 or newer; I've worked with plenty of guys who either borrowed one or just bought a cheap one from walmart or wherever to do the tune

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can use pcmflash to read and write maps on ecu. I use bitedit to tune. I have my armada on a stage 2 tune on high octane. Can remove dtc also. Let me know if anyone need help with file.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Thank you! I did not know the tuner could do this. Got the Audi coils and Injen cai together with the borla and wow! Serious difference, can’t wait to see what it will do with a little more from a tune.
I am really interested in learning more about using the Audi Coils in the Armada. I have searched this formum but could not seem to find info <maybe im just really bad at using the search> would someone share some info or links?

Thanks in Advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts