Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my baby to the dealer two days ago because I lose between 5-10 PSI on each tire weekly (not to mention 2 water leaks). Monday, the tire that has had the most trouble was COMPLETELY FLAT. I aired it back up and took her to Nissan. She sat there overnight and they couldn't find any leaks at all. I drive her to work today and the sensor goes off!! I know there is a TSB out, and I told the technician (who also knew about it). He said that they have to find something before work can be done.. Has anyone else delt with this? It is driving me crazy.

Also, has anyone noticed their tires wearing poorly? Within 10 months, my tires have less than half the tread of the spare. I thought tires were supposed to be replaced every 3-4 years or something.

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
There have been some problems with air leaks at the valve stem/sensor. Mix up a soap solution and brush on around the valve stems. If you have a leak there you will see bubbles. If you find a leak take some soap solution with you to the dealer and show him the leak.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took her back yesterday because my sensor came on again. After an hour and a half, no explination for 3 of the tires, and a hole on the main one. I'll try this soap experiment on all of them just to make sure. I'm still confused as to how the hole wasn't found after 24 hours of being in the shop...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I have exactly same problem but the dealer refused to fix

Hi folks,

I have exactly same problem. Front right tire is losing 10-12 psi per week. Rear right tire is losing 3-5 psi per week while all left side tires did not lose at all.
I went to the dealer with TSB but delaer refused to fix insisting that no leak at all. I asked the dealer to keep my Armada several days to replicate the problem. They refused to do so saying that there is no point since there is no leak. It's very inconvenient since I need to add air every other day to avoid warning indicator comes on.
I sent an e-mail to Nissan customer service today. Waitng for response. Nissan should tell dealers how to identify the problem. I don't think losing more than 10 psi on particular tire is normal. If Nissan thinks it's normal, Armada must equip automatic air pump to keep air pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
JL1RYH
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing