Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what happens when you put on aftermarket wheels/tires? Does the warning light just stay on & can it be disconnected?

Jay

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The light will stay on. You can move the transmitters to your new wheels, then the system will work normally.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Well

Mine comes on after about 40 miles or so of continous driving. Otherwise, it stays off even though I had to remove the sensors with my 20's.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
The wheel shop I bought my 22's from put them in my new wheels. I woke up the next morning and had 3 flat tires. For some reason they had a hard time getting them to seal. :confused:

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Mine comes on after about 40 miles or so of continous driving. Otherwise, it stays off even though I had to remove the sensors with my 20's.
Got them transfered on to my 22's. weird thing is when I drive around town now matter how often the light doesn't come on. now when I travel, no joke, every single time i go for about 30 minutes or so. guarenteed the light comes on. if I turn my ignition off and back on then the light seems to reset and stay off. we need to find out what is going on cause it bugs the hell out of me.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Might be with how the sensors read- higher speed for longer times seems to kick something off.

Doesn't bother me really..

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I left the sensors in the factory tires and wheels. The light has never come on with the 20's that I have on. I have 4000 miles on the new tires and have never seen the low pressure light.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Might be with how the sensors read- higher speed for longer times seems to kick something off.

Doesn't bother me really..
Only thing about this is, when you drive longer, the tires heat up, which causes even more pressure. Which means the sensor definatly should not come on. The guy at Just Tres here in Sac is really cool and said to bring it in anytime so they can check for leaks. Said they where checked when I went in a few days after getting them, just to re-tork my lug nuts and said there was no leakage. So I dont know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts