Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I reset and reprogram TPS? I call the dealer, and they want 100 dollars to reset and reprogram.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
What do you need to reset and reprogram? There is no need to reprogram the sensors if you rotate the tires, or even move the sensors to custom rims. As far as the pressure alarm point, the sensors are set to alarm when they fall below 28 PSI. I'm not sure, but I don't think that setting can be changed, even by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
rip off

That sounds like a dis-honest dealer. Like scr38 said, there is nothing to do. They can be moved to new wheels and they work when the pressure gets below 28psi (factory set). This dealer would probably charge you for the brake fix.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Please provide some more info as to what the situation is. Is one of them not reading tire pressure? Could be a bad battery or bad sensor. I had heard through the grape vine that the sensors have been going bad...

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Ok .. I'll ask ..

PN# for these valve/sensors?

I plan on getting aftermarket wheels .. someday .. I don't want to go through the hassle of removing them from the stock wheels (keeping them for bad weather times) .. use the pretty aftermarkets for nice days .. but would like to have TPS capability.

What do these TPS valves cost??

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
As bad as my local dealer is, they even had no problem resetting the wheel sensors for free. It took 10 seconds per wheel.
I had it done because I moved the sensors to new wheels and just wanted to make sure they were in sync.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for all the confusion to some of you. I'm getting 4 differrent wheels and 4 (differrent) sensors. I want to keep original sensors with the stock wheels. Are they plug and play or do we have to program the new sensors?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update: I just called a differrent dealer. They said that the sensors must be programmed and cost $40. But I'm going to install them anyway and test it. If they need programmed, I will let the dealer do it. I will update this in a week. Amazing, the differrent is $60 between the 2 dealers. The new tire pressure sensor costs 80 to 90 dollars each, very expensive.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
New sensors need to be activated. See attached drawing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
drcookie said:
Please humor me on this. I am newbie. Where is the pressure sensor and how does it look like?

Thanks in advance.
The sensor is built into the valve stem on each wheel. See attached drawing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
The problem with getting 4 new sensors is that each time you swap wheels, you have to get them reprogrammed. But at $40, that's not too bad, unless you change wheels a lot.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
i'm a nebie as well and would like to know if this tps came standard with my ARMADA? i bought mine used and i didn't get the sensor as it looks in that fig. i do have an '04 LE but without the tech package.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Armada Brotha said:
i'm a nebie as well and would like to know if this tps came standard with my ARMADA? i bought mine used and i didn't get the sensor as it looks in that fig. i do have an '04 LE but without the tech package.
I, too, am a newb....and I have an SE. In reading the manual, it seems to imply that all Armadas have TPSs, but only speaks about vehicles equipped with Nav/Tech packages in regards to actually seeing the tire pressure. So my question is, does my SE have these sensors, and if so, if the pressure gets too low, is there an indicator light on the dash?
Thanks for your help.

Todd

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
All Armadas have the sensors. If you have the Nav package pressures are indicated on the screen for each wheel. If you don't, a light in the instrument cluster will come on and a buzzer sound if any tire is below 28 PSI. The light doesn't tell which tire, just that one is low.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks SCR for the info and diagrams, you're the guru here.

I bought 4 SE '04 silver wheels that came with 4 TP sensors to replace the smoke '05 wheels. I do not get the low tire pressure warning alarm. But I haven't let the air out below 28 PSI to test it, yet. Once the 4 transmitters are activated, do they work on any Armadas or Titans?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
F1_80s_90s said:
Thanks SCR for the info and diagrams, you're the guru here.

I bought 4 SE '04 silver wheels that came with 4 TP sensors to replace the smoke '05 wheels. I do not get the low tire pressure warning alarm. But I haven't let the air out below 28 PSI to test it, yet. Once the 4 transmitters are activated, do they work on any Armadas or Titans?
Yes, the sensors are the same for Armadas and Titans. And probably for all Nissans that now come with sensors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts