Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one item I think we all need to be aware of. If you remove a tire from the stock wheel with the pressure monitors installed (Standard on Armada) you MUST take the nut from the valve stem and push the stem/pressure transmitter into the tire BEFORE breaking the bead on the tire. Failure to do so will probably result in damage to the transmitter. (See Bulletin #04038). After the tire is remounted you can push the sidewall in and replace the transmitter.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Does the tire need to be dismounted to move the transmitter to another wheel? I'd like to include the spare in my tire rotation.

Keith

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
scr38 said:
There is one item I think we all need to be aware of. If you remove a tire from the stock wheel with the pressure monitors installed (Standard on Armada) you MUST take the nut from the valve stem and push the stem/pressure transmitter into the tire BEFORE breaking the bead on the tire. Failure to do so will probably result in damage to the transmitter. (See Bulletin #04038). After the tire is remounted you can push the sidewall in and replace the transmitter.

A great piece of info...Thanks!!

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Campfamily said:
Does the tire need to be dismounted to move the transmitter to another wheel? I'd like to include the spare in my tire rotation.

Keith
You can let the air out of the tire, remove the valve stem mut and push the valve stem into the tire. Then break the bead, push the bead to the center "well" of the wheel, then maybe you can get the transmitter out. I haven't tried it. Why not buy another transmitter and put in the spare? That would save a lot of work.
Unlike some other models of Nissan, the Armada's pressure transmitters are not coded for wheel location. The low pressure indicater tells you a tire is low, but not which one. Other models, such as the Murano have each transmitter coded so it tells you which tire is low.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I have the tech package, so I see individual tire pressures, not just whether one of them is low. I'm not sure how the system would react if there were five tires broadcasting, instead of only four.

Brings up an interesting point. Wonder what would happen if I drove next to an Armada with a low tire? Would I get a warning? Anybody know what the range of the system is?

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Campfamily
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing