Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 22's installed a couple of days ago. The installer set the tire pressure at 45, which I thought was a bit high, so I dropped it down to 35 all around. Just wondering if I should be running the pressure a bit higher. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
35 should be about right. 45 is high, but probably within tolerances. You may get a rougher ride, funny wear, and maybe a mile or two extra per gallon. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
lurker said:
How about reading the recommendation on the side of the tire? :hi:
Yes. remember, the pressure rating may show MAX, not what it should run on. Max is for heavy towing. You can also check the maker's web site. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
tire air leak

ok, I need someone to tell me what should I do, I have a tire air leak in the rear right tire which keep setting off the sensor on the dash board, now my question is, when you have a tire leak you take your vehicle to a tire shop and fix the leak for whatever $5.00 0r $10.00, now, does that mean I also have to take it to the dealer to reset the sensors for $40.00 every time I have to fix a tire? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ggeorgie said:
ok, I need someone to tell me what should I do, I have a tire air leak in the rear right tire which keep setting off the sensor on the dash board, now my question is, when you have a tire leak you take your vehicle to a

BTW I keeping adding air in the tire, but I want to know what should I do? thanks guys

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
ggeorgie said:
ok, I need someone to tell me what should I do, I have a tire air leak in the rear right tire which keep setting off the sensor on the dash board, now my question is, when you have a tire leak you take your vehicle to a tire shop and fix the leak for whatever $5.00 0r $10.00, now, does that mean I also have to take it to the dealer to reset the sensors for $40.00 every time I have to fix a tire? :confused:
Tire shop will fix it for you, assuming the problem is in the tire. Some Armadas have had problems with the sensors, in fact I think there is a TSB. Air was leaking out from around the sensor.

By the way, you don't need the dealer to reset the sensor, it does it itself once you fill the tire up with air. Just drive a mile or so, and the light will go off.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Campfamily said:
Tire shop will fix it for you, assuming the problem is in the tire. Some Armadas have had problems with the sensors, in fact I think there is a TSB. Air was leaking out from around the sensor.

By the way, you don't need the dealer to reset the sensor, it does it itself once you fill the tire up with air. Just drive a mile or so, and the light will go off.

Keith
thanks Campfamily, I will check the TSB, assuming I will find it ;)

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
ok, could some body tell me if it the TSB does make a difference if the TSB for a different year vehicle? I am asking because I have an 05, but some of the TSB's are for 04. :clueless:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
ggeorgie said:
ok, could some body tell me if it the TSB does make a difference if the TSB for a different year vehicle? I am asking because I have an 05, but some of the TSB's are for 04. :clueless:
It still applies.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Make sure you press 'em to CHECK the tire sensor. I had to go in and let the :clueless: service manager have it :machinegu before they helped me.

When I think back on it, I believe that the sensor problem probably cost me a $180 tire at one point. And DON'T let them try to sell you a sensor.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
fred_vee said:
Make sure you press 'em to CHECK the tire sensor. I had to go in and let the :clueless: service manager have it :machinegu before they helped me.

When I think back on it, I believe that the sensor problem probably cost me a $180 tire at one point. And DON'T let them try to sell you a sensor.
Guess what?just came back from the dealer, and they said there was a nail in my tire, so they patched it and did not charge me anything, and that it was not the tire pressure sensor. I guess I have to take their word for it and live with that :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
ggeorgie said:
Guess what?just came back from the dealer, and they said there was a nail in my tire, so they patched it and did not charge me anything, and that it was not the tire pressure sensor. I guess I have to take their word for it and live with that :rolleyes:
You'll know soon, if it stops the leak, they were right. If it doesn't keep bugging them.

You've found a decent dealer if they didn't charge you for the tire plug.

Keith

1 - 17 of 17 Posts