Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
171 Posts
weezr17 said:
When I went to the dealer for my 4,000 mile check-up, they told me they had to patch a tire due to a screw. It didn't dawn on me that that my sensors DID NOT go off and had been driving around with a low tire.
Hi,

I deliberately tested mine by letting the air out of each tire one at a time. The light came on everytime the PSI dropped to 28psi. Maybe you're tire that had the screw did not drop below that point for it to trigger the light.

What I did was let the air out of one tire and checked the light inside. it finally came on at 28psi. I then aired it back up and proceeded to the next tire. They all came on at 28psi on the nose. Not all tire pressure gauges are the same. I bought a high quality one so if you use a gauge, just make sure the light comes on at the same point.

Fred

· Premium Member
171 Posts
weezr17 said:
HEY FRED-
I did think of that.....maybe the pressure didn't get that low. That could have been the case BUT why didn't the light come on when they took the sensors out....isn't the light supposed to come on when they are taken off too? :confused:
I had my Mada' idling when I did the test. I don't know if the light will turn on with the ignition on but the motor off. I'm assuming your motor was off when he took your wheel and tire off. Not sure if it has to be mounted on the vehicle in order for it to work also.

· Premium Member
171 Posts
grlpnut said:
Gunslinger 420 - Watch out about that sensor...once that they have been reported to the computer as low they don't reset themselves.
Thanks for the heads up Gripnut. I don't think I have a problem and seems to be OK. I purchased aftermarket wheels and tires at about 300 miles and they put the sensors in the new wheels and the light didn't come on. At about 1,700 miles I decided to do that test I did. The light came on at 28psi and after airing it back up the light went out. I did that at each wheel and the light always came on at 28psi and went off when aired back up.

On your case, it may not be the sensors. It could be the receiver that is faulty. Have you asked about that when going to the dealer?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.