Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

2011 platinum has all terrain 275/60/20 load rating of 119 they ride rough/noisy. We are looking at getting some new 20” rims with possibly 275/40/20 all season tires load rating of 106. Our travel trailer is only 2,800lbs dry. Any concerns with the lower load rating if we go with a low profile tire? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2013 Armada Platinum 8 passenger
64 Posts
Smaller tires, and lower profile, I don't see how this will improve your ride or noise concerns. Your speedo will read too fast as well going from 30.8" to 28.7" overall diameter.

Doubt it will affect towing though.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
No tire expert here, but I looked up a chart online that shows the load rating of the 106 tire (2094 lb./tire = 8376 lbs. total) would still handle the GVWR of a fully loaded Armada (7300 lbs.) That trailer is really light so you should have plenty of spare capacity within the weight ratings of the Armada and those tires.

Reactions: Frammy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No tire expert here, but I looked up a chart online that shows the load rating of the 106 tire (2094 lb./tire = 8376 lbs. total) would still handle the GVWR of a fully loaded Armada (7300 lbs.) That trailer is really light so you should have plenty of spare capacity within the weight ratings of the Armada and those tires.
Yeah that’s what I saw to. The trailer is light and we normally only go 1-2hr max to campsites and we are light packers. we’re not hauling across country or anything. If I had 6,000lbs trailer I wouldn’t be considering it. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello everyone

2011 platinum has all terrain 275/60/20 load rating of 119 they ride rough/noisy. We are looking at getting some new 20” rims with possibly 275/40/20 all season tires load rating of 106. Our travel trailer is only 2,800lbs dry. Any concerns with the lower load rating if we go with a low profile tire? Thanks.
I would ask others what tires they are using. Low profile will tend to ride rougher vs 60. Noise is more related to the rubber/tread design. I now have Bridgestone all season and very happy with noise and smoothness. IOW, it's the tire brand/tread that makes the most difference not the profile. I forget what tire I had before - it was OK but replacement was better. I also buy Michelins. Both from Costco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts