Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Does Anyone Know If Titan Tow Mirrors Fit Perfectly To The Armada? Dealer Up Here Says No But To Me They Look Same.
Yes. Search on "Big Tow" or "Tow Mirrors", you'll find tons of information about this mod.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I had a dealer tell me they were an option, but I never saw one in Canada from the factory with the tow mirrors. Maybe some year US production versions?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I had a dealer tell me they were an option, but I never saw one in Canada from the factory with the tow mirrors. Maybe some year US production versions?
The mirrors were never an option on the Armada, only the Titan. You can buy them and install yourself, however. But, you don't get power fold, LED turn signals, puddle lights, or auto-dimming. If you don't have that now, then you're not losing anything. Like I said in an earlier post, I would have swapped them on my Armada, except for the need for the power fold (need to fold them to get in the garage).

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Actually the new Nissan Accessory Book lists the Extendable Tow Mirrors for the Armada.
True, but dealer installed. You couldn't order an Armada from the factory with the tow mirrors like you could a Titan.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,192 Posts
True, but dealer installed. You couldn't order an Armada from the factory with the tow mirrors like you could a Titan.
Oh definitely, I agree. They want to get the extra $$$ from you. That's why they are offered as an accessory and not an option!

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
Thread resurrecting because I just bought a set.

Do I also need to buy the Mirror plate brackets or will the existing hardware be fine?

So I bought these tow mirrors (both sides and front brake pads) from CarID.com on Easter Saturday. Got the passenger side mirror and the pads that Wednesday (Apr 20).

No drivers side mirror.

I've had issues in the past with their delivery company (UPS) in this area so I reached out to CarID and they immediately recognized that they made the mistake.

Great, because trying to get something out of UPS is like signing up to be an astronaut (a lot of time and dedication on your part, maybe decades worth).

Problem was "recognized" by them last Wednesday.

A week later: Still no driver's side mirror.

Through Chat, Phone, and Email I have spoke to at least 4 people who are associated with CarID about this.

The standard answer I am getting is "24 to 48 hours" before it will ship.

So best case scenario and they are putting it on the truck right now I can expect to see it this Saturday.

10 days AFTER I was supposed to get it.

At the same 4 day shipping rate I could have made this order 3 times over already.

Not great...........not great.

Well, here we are, MONDAY. No tow mirror. No email. No NOTHING.

Called the toll free number.

Apparently 10:45 Monday morning, like Thursday afternoon at 3pm, is outside CarID's business hours, per the auto recording.

Lady on chat said the manufacturer wanted an additional picture of my perfectly fine Passenger tow mirror to process my request (don't know what that will tell them that the label on the box I sent them last week stating it was 1 box of 1 and 10lbs (weight of one mirror) didn't.

Then she said it would be ANOTHER 24 to 72 HOURS before I hear anything else.

That will put it just under 264 business HOURS I've already calmly waited for this to resolve.

@carid ...................NOT GOOD.

A manager from CarID called me back and let me know that the manufacturer finally acknowledged they made the mistake and that they were shipping me another WHOLE SET of tow mirrors. Apparently, this was the "easiest" way to do this. I offered to send back the passenger mirror I already had, but they said that wasn't necessary.

I checked their website and I have a new order in there for the tow mirrors so it looks like this has been resolved.

I still think this amount of time to resolve it and the lack of timely or informative feedback, much less the difficulty with their phone system, up till today needs to be addressed by them. If this was a part I needed when I ordered it, an almost 3 week delay would be a major issue.

Here's the results

Before:

After:

Extended:

In the last photo I feel like I'm missing some running lights across the roof and two big and shinny diesel stacks in the back.

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
And then this happened when I gently went to adjust it. Has an unusual amount of flex in the middle so I suspect the holder is damaged. I'll know for sure once I get the replacement mirror kit and take it off.

Interesting luck I'm having with this drivers side tow mirror.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
So, important lesson about OEM vs Aftermarket parts. The lower tow mirror bracket on my Replace ProEFX Tow mirror has a completely different attachment type than the OEM bracket.

No sweat! I'll just use the glass plate from the replacement kit (OEM style) and keep rolling.

NOPE! OEM mirror is literally TOO BIG for the ProEFX bracket. Literally 1 mm too tall. Flexed the plastic bracket to try to "gently" wedge the glass into place. Two minutes later I hear a crack. Glass in pieces on the ground.

Starting to think the Big Guy doesn't want me to have tow mirrors.

Lots of OEM lower tow mirror repair kits out on the market. Not a single ProEFX kit, not one.

OEM repair kit two has been ordered. I'm hoping for a glass that fits but I suspect I'll be taking the top edge off my ProEFX bracket. You know! The one I can't replace without buying a whole new driver's side tow mirror.

Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
Finally got my second mirror replacement kit.

The size difference in this image is deceptive (caused by different body angles of the Armada hood). The real issue it that the Replace ProEFX lower tow mirror has a COMPLETELY different type of swivel mount:

Here you can see the mount is nothing like the OEM tow mirror:

Having to reuse the ProEFX mount I gently scraped off the pieces of the cracked mirror and removed the adhesive (it was a combo of silicon and adhesive tape):

Here's the ProEFX friction swivel mount (top) versus OEM style (bottom). Even the size of the hemisphere is different:

As the OEM replacement mirror is slightly bigger than the ProEFX mount the only way to get the mirror in is to reduce the lip on the top and bottom to get the OEM mirror to fit. The OEM style mount had much thinner side walls. Had the ProEFX went with the same size then the OEM replacement mirror would have fit with no modification.

I used a combo of Drimel sanding drum and 500 grit paper (for cleanup) to accomplish this:

I touched up my mess with some black paint:

I got the mirror to seat on top, bottom, and outside edge. The inside edge went in during test fitting before I put the bracket back in, but trying to get my fingers behind it here to apply pressure was impossible once mounted, and I honestly feel that it's fully on the adhesive with some pressure hold it in from top and bottom:

Needless to say this has been an unexpected ordeal all the way around.

Unfortunately, because otherwise this seems to be a well-built alternative to the more expensive OEM tow mirrors, I can not recommend the Replace ProEFX tow mirrors for 2 reasons:

1) At the very least the lower mirror mount is completely different than OEM. If the main mirror backing is also heavily modified......good luck if you damage it.

2) The manufacturer doesn't offer replacement parts, only whole units. There's also no parts market for it like OEM.

I'll be taking a 250 mile trip this weekend. Guess I'll get to see the results of my labors one way or another.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts