Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a 2006 SE 4x4 with tow package. Was wondering if the Bose option is worth it or not. I'm not an automotive audio-head. As long as the system will play a MP3 disk at low volume without significant distorion, that's good enuf. Can the stock audio gear satisfy my modest requirements? Is it worth the trouble to listen to both systems at the dealer?

dave and xtoy - who'd rather spend the $ on a sweet sounding exhaust :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
178 Posts
DaveDatsun said:
I'm looking into a 2006 SE 4x4 with tow package. Was wondering if the Bose option is worth it or not. I'm not an automotive audio-head. As long as the system will play a MP3 disk at low volume without significant distorion, that's good enuf. Can the stock audio gear satisfy my modest requirements? Is it worth the trouble to listen to both systems at the dealer?

dave and xtoy - who'd rather spend the $ on a sweet sounding exhaust :cool:
I think you'll be satisfied. I actually like the BOSE system in my Armada a lot, even though you'll hear a lot of complaints from the audiophiles on this website. So I think adding MP3 playability on the 06 models is an awesome feature. Do you not own an Armada yet? Or are you thinking of upgrading?

BTW - what is the Dave and xtoy comment you always have on every post? Is that like the moral of the post comment? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
DaveDatsun said:
I'm looking into a 2006 SE 4x4 with tow package. Was wondering if the Bose option is worth it or not. I'm not an automotive audio-head. As long as the system will play a MP3 disk at low volume without significant distorion, that's good enuf. Can the stock audio gear satisfy my modest requirements? Is it worth the trouble to listen to both systems at the dealer?

dave and xtoy - who'd rather spend the $ on a sweet sounding exhaust :cool:
I only have BOSE on my Infiniti and Mada because I had to get it to get other stuff. Its junk. Bose starts for Buy Other Stereo Equipment.
For the money you spend on a bose, you could get someting 10 times better. I would skip it unless it is part of a package you have to have, like the premium package for the G35. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
95 Posts
PumaFiveOh said:
I think you'll be satisfied. I actually like the BOSE system in my Armada a lot, even though you'll hear a lot of complaints from the audiophiles on this website. So I think adding MP3 playability on the 06 models is an awesome feature. Do you not own an Armada yet? Or are you thinking of upgrading?
Audiophiles! What a joke that term is these days! There is no such thing anymore, really. An audiophile is supposed to be someone who understands and appreciates all qualities of sound....highs and lows.....not just base like every "Audophile " these days thinks good sound equates to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
95 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I only have BOSE on my Infiniti and Mada because I had to get it to get other stuff. Its junk. Bose starts for Buy Other Stereo Equipment.
For the money you spend on a bose, you could get someting 10 times better. I would skip it unless it is part of a package you have to have, like the premium package for the G35. ;)
10 time better. 10 times? Hmm, that's quite a bit. Sure it's not just 5 times better. Ya know, even 2 times better is like 100% better. But no, 1,000% better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
212 Posts
wwjdwithca said:
10 time better. 10 times? Hmm, that's quite a bit. Sure it's not just 5 times better. Ya know, even 2 times better is like 100% better. But no, 1,000% better.
Also having installed car stereo equipment for a living I'm gonna go with at LEAST 10x better. Yes, that means 1000%
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
359 Posts
ftnssn said:
Also having installed car stereo equipment for a living I'm gonna go with at LEAST 10x better. Yes, that means 1000%
Hey, should we "Clinton"ize this thread? Please define the meaning of "better"

OK, just joking, please don't do that.
I would have to say though, for a STOCK stereo, the BOSE is better than many, not the best though but it gets me by. I have only found a few CD's that I think sound "right" on the BOSE. I think most of my music is too old (even re-mastered analog sounds like, well, remastered analog!!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
I like it, with the exception of the bass. I added a JL 10W7 and it sounds great now. Mids and highs are acceptable to me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
138 Posts
I'm very happy with mine too. I do agree with TooTall though that the bass is lacking if you like it loud, but I usually have at least 1 kid in tow so bassing is not an option.

I leave the bass to my husband and his beast.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So from what I'm reading, the Bose may sound better to some owners, but it's not a real big deal.

PumaFiveOh - An Armada is on our short list. We want to combine our wife's sedan and my Xterra into one vehicle. The back seat of the X(toy) sucks. But it's good off-road and dealt with the snow when we were in NY. We bought our first Datsun(now called nissan) in 1967 and have had a 4x4 since 1983 - way before the current trend.

dave and xtoy - the sig line is unpredictable and never the same :)
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
You got it about right.
The Bose is an upgrade from stock. Some owners are OK with it, but for the money, you can do 1000% better.
As for qualifying as an audiophile or being able to rate by how much, I've owned 3 BOSE car systems, the vette, G35 and Mada. I've also worked as an installer for a high end stereo shop in the NYC area for 3 years. I put in about 2200 systems over that time from basic to a $25000 setup that won best of show in the day. I did a lot of celebrity cars but the one I thought was the best judge was Wynton Marsalis's manager's BMW. He gave me some tickets to the Rhode Island Jazz festival for a tip. So I"ll let you be a judge if I know something about car audio or not. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
148 Posts
It is workable

I wouldnt have spent the money to upgrade to the Bose system if there werent other options that I wanted that the Bose came with. I actually like the highs and can deal with the mids. The bass is just terrible. I added a JL audio stealthbox (10" w6 sub, 500/1 amp) so I can live with it now. I dont want to drop the amt of money needed to switch the rest of the system (another $2500 or so) so for now it works.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top