Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering switching from my 2014 Armada to a newer 2017-2019 model. They are the most beautiful SUV on the road to me, so I really want one!

I spent many, many months dreaming about getting one, so the build-up is really intense! But I just looked at the inside and I am so, SOOO disappointed that they DOWNGRADED many cabin features:

• The amount of storage at the gear shifter (excluding the drink holders) are half of the old model!! I need every inch of the old model's configuration.
  • The DEPTH of the small amount of storage is also half of what it used to be!
  • The depth of the storage under the middle console REALLY decreased and won't allow me to store my current items I need there;
  • The highly relied-upon arm rests are GONE! I sit with the seat all the way up and my elbow is nowhere near the console ...what a shame.
  • They purposely made the storage on the side doors super shallow not allowing the things I need quick access to (god, this is frustrating) WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!
  • AND they removed all the storage compartments overhead (except the sunglass one)!
All these are downgrades from the OLD model ...and they didn't need to be. Great job Nissan. I still love the look of the new body, but I guess it's not going to work for me unless I rivet new storage containers all over the plastic everywhere.

I'm venting more than anything. But I wish there were ideas that would allow me to pursue this machine. The things I need in the cabin from my driver seat are too important, and the absent armrest may be the biggest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel you and I am pissed on armrest too. I personally switch from 05 Armada to 19 and I don’t regret it. Like you said there are some features we want to retain but gen 2 drives and looks much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
mouse, yes. Maybe the armrest had a reason for being removed from an engineering point of view, who knows? But there's NO reason to reduce the storage areas and make them half depth. I'll have to take my poison someday in the future if I ever get one, but I'll have to mount unsightly storage containers everywhere. I've decided to embrace my older 2014; the storage is too important for me. It has 60,000 miles on it, and if I go to 200,000, that'll give me 10 years from the 2014.

I wish the Nissan interior designers knew their downgrades cost them sales; I'd buy one if it weren't for those downgrades. Who DOWNGRADES something so simple to achieve (storage)? Ugh, I'm still pissed, you can tell.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
This is actually becoming common across the Nissan product line. I recently rented a 2019 Maxima. Was very disappointed in features, performance, comfort, even compared to my ancient 2000 Maxima. About the only common trait they had was a ridiculously large turning circle. I personally think Nissan has lost it's way. Their cars, SUVs and Trucks are no longer ahead of the pack. If I were replacing my Armada today, it almost certainly would not be with another Armada. And I've been an Armada owner since the very first model year, on my third one now. Sad....... :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
mouse, yes. Maybe the armrest had a reason for being removed from an engineering point of view, who knows? But there's NO reason to reduce the storage areas and make them half depth. I'll have to take my poison someday in the future if I ever get one, but I'll have to mount unsightly storage containers everywhere. I've decided to embrace my older 2014; the storage is too important for me. It has 60,000 miles on it, and if I go to 200,000, that'll give me 10 years from the 2014.

I wish the Nissan interior designers knew their downgrades cost them sales; I'd buy one if it weren't for those downgrades. Who DOWNGRADES something so simple to achieve (storage)? Ugh, I'm still pissed, you can tell.
Yeah I don't get "reducing storage part" either from the design and I hate shallow storage also. I guess it is more for the look than practicability now.... and I have already got used to smaller storage lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have not been into any newer Nissan than my Armada. Not sure the issues other than what you all are sharing.

If there is less given it might be cost cutting but also I think people have less on them than in the past. A cellphone is all I use now, and my wallet is a rubber band with a few cards in it. Two cup holders are all I need and the deep center console is wasted space for me. I can see others needing it with families, etc. The glove box is huge and I've seen there is organizers for the back you can get which look cool should you need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts