Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking to find out if anyone has any experience using a touch up paint pen. Just bought a used 2018 Gun Metallic Armada a little over a month ago and would like to touch up a couple small areas. Don't really need a spray can so I'm looking for a pen or brush. If anyone has any recommendations for brand please let me know! I've searched Amazon and of course Google, but haven't found anything with very good reviews. Even Nissan's own touch up pen on Amazon is said to be a lighter color and hard to apply. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
54 Posts
2 things I normally do for vehicles or bikes that I need to touch up.

1. Nail polish is my go-to for bikes. I can bring my bike right into CVS and hold up multiple shades until I find the correct one. These are high end road and mountain bikes, I'm only mildly OCD. Then I will take auto clear coat and top over the touch-up paint.

2. If I can't find a perfect match in nail polish I will go to Lowe's, spray paint aisle. A can of spray paint can be had for half the price of the touch-up paint that you'll buy at the auto part store. Spray a good blast onto a paper plate, take a very sharp point artist brush and go to town. This method has always created the best results because you can be very precise with the artist brush.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
[B]mantonio[/B], a couple of years ago i purchased a used 2008 QX56 with about 190K on it. The vehicle had tons of small stone chips on the front of the hood, which were extremely obvious as the white primer under it was showing against the dark gray color of the vehicle. I used the Dr. Colorchip squeegee system. While it doesn't fill the chips, it made them completely disappear from anything more than about a 1 foot distance.

I have used touch up pens, brushes,... before, but this was by far the best result (without wet sanding,..) and the easiest to apply. You simply drop some paint next to the chip and wipe it into the chip with the leveling solution. I have since recommended this system to friends and family and everyone was amazed how well it works on stone chips and small scratches.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts