Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what's the best way to remove the tow hitch cover?
And then put it back on?
Has anyone modified it to make it easier?

When I was a kid, I had a great hidden hitch in a little GMC I had, flipped up the plate and there it was. I'd like to figure out and easy way to open/close the cover. I don't want to just leave it open when I'm not using the hitch.

I just got my 2019 last year and am looking to purchase a horse trailer this year, so I will have a lot of towing questions :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went to my hardware store and got something like this knob screw. I coated the threads with anti-seize. This makes it easy enough and I know that covers not going anywhere. I tow often.
They did not have the correct thread to match stock. So I did need to get 2 of the new thread inserts as well. Still very easy and took all of 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
12 Posts
I went to my hardware store and got something like this knob screw. I coated the threads with anti-seize. This makes it easy enough and I know that covers not going anywhere. I tow often.
They did not have the correct thread to match stock. So I did need to get 2 of the new thread inserts as well. Still very easy and took all of 2 minutes.
View attachment 49876
Good idea! Going to buy these for winter/summer.

My cover is off from September until end of November for me so great for occasional tow during the rest of the year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts