Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the threads for towing mirrors are very old so I started another one with this question: I have a 2019 Armada and can't seem to find any OEM style towing mirrors. I'd like to get the extendable kind as opposed to any clip on ones. I see some for the Titans but don't know if they will fit my Armada. K Source has some for the NV1500 type vehicles, but once again will they fit? I have seen ones for the older generation madas but when I put in 2019 its a no go.

Help! :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Barring some aftermarket option I haven't seen yet, you're probably out of luck. The previous gen Armada benefitted in the aftermarket from being the same as the previous gen Titan forward of the B pillar. Both vehicles have diverged since.

It's possible that there's Nissan Patrol tow mirrors. If you find them expect to pay shipping from Australia..yikes! We bought our daughter a "Wiggles" (Aussie kids act) Halloween outfit and the shipping for clothes was more than the garment itself.

·
Registered
334 Posts
2018 Armada.
28' camper.

I searched for a while for tow mirrors as well. I ended up going with a wired camera on the back of the camper. I have a 6" screen in the Armada connected to the camera.
I end up with a perfect view directly behind the camper. This view wouldn't even be possible with the best tow mirrors.
I went wired because of a lot of bad reviews I read on the wireless products, bad picture quality, interference, etc.

It took about 3-4 hours to do a really nice install. It plugs into it's own plug right next to the trailer 7-pin. When not in use I pull the monitor out and set it in the camper.
After over a year using the camera I can safely say I'll never have the need for tow mirrors and prefer the camera.
I am also able to keep an eye on bikes or a generator that I put on the bag cargo rack of the camper.
I also think tow mirrors would ruin the exterior appearance of the Armada.
I had tow mirrors on my Tundra and F250, but they looked the part.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I went to the clearview site and it would cost almost $1000.00 to get them as they come from Australia. guess I don't want them that bad. :)
Just curious, what part of that $1000 was shipping?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No idea. I saw it was 880.00 AU which turns out to be 630 bucks American, but didn't investigate further.

2018 Armada.
28' camper.

I searched for a while for tow mirrors as well. I ended up going with a wired camera on the back of the camper. I have a 6" screen in the Armada connected to the camera.
I end up with a perfect view directly behind the camper. This view wouldn't even be possible with the best tow mirrors.
I went wired because of a lot of bad reviews I read on the wireless products, bad picture quality, interference, etc.

It took about 3-4 hours to do a really nice install. It plugs into it's own plug right next to the trailer 7-pin. When not in use I pull the monitor out and set it in the camper.
After over a year using the camera I can safely say I'll never have the need for tow mirrors and prefer the camera.
I am also able to keep an eye on bikes or a generator that I put on the bag cargo rack of the camper.
What kind of camera system did you get?

·
Registered
334 Posts
What kind of camera system did you get?
Amazon.com: Backup Camera for Truck HD 1080P 7 Inch Monitor 30 Mins DIY Installation Kit for RVs,Trailers,5th Wheels,Campers High-Speed Rear View Observation System Second License plate Camera Available Yakry Y14 : Electronics

That one or very similar. It is a wired, single camera, and I know the brand is Yakry.
Took the better part of a day to install. Taking breaks and working leisurely.
The time consuming part was running the wire on my Armada from the rear bumper, along the frame, through the body, under all of the door kick molding, and then up under the dash.
I'm a little obsessive with wiring and wanted it all clean and hidden.
Running the wire under the camper I followed the frame rail and secured with zip-ties.

Going on a year with no issues.

·
Registered
2019 Armada SL
66 Posts
Amazon.com: Backup Camera for Truck HD 1080P 7 Inch Monitor 30 Mins DIY Installation Kit for RVs,Trailers,5th Wheels,Campers High-Speed Rear View Observation System Second License plate Camera Available Yakry Y14 : Electronics

That one or very similar. It is a wired, single camera, and I know the brand is Yakry.
Took the better part of a day to install. Taking breaks and working leisurely.
The time consuming part was running the wire on my Armada from the rear bumper, along the frame, through the body, under all of the door kick molding, and then up under the dash.
I'm a little obsessive with wiring and wanted it all clean and hidden.
Running the wire under the camper I followed the frame rail and secured with zip-ties.

Going on a year with no issues.
I just ran mine inside the vehicle to below the under-floor storage area where there is a grommet that you can poke through and be pretty close to hitch area. That way I didn't have to zip tie to the Armada frame. But I still had to zip tie it to the camper frame.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just ran mine inside the vehicle to below the under-floor storage area where there is a grommet that you can poke through and be pretty close to hitch area. That way I didn't have to zip tie to the Armada frame. But I still had to zip tie it to the camper frame.
Mine is ran to, what sounds like, the same grommet you ran to on the Armada. The rest of it is inside the cabin, under both drivers side door jamb trims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wha
2018 Armada.
28' camper.

Hey,

What type of systemdo you have? I’ve got a 33ft and I’ve been looking.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts