Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my experience.

I had 42k on my 2017 platinum and decided it was time to trade. I really wanted to get something that has apple CarPlay so I started at the Yukon.

There were some feature I currently have that the Yukon does not offer like around view camera so I went to the escalade. I started at premium luxury because I want intelligent cruise then I drove a platinum. Their platinum has massaging seats. I'm talking real massage where you can choose kneading or rolling, amazing! My opinion on GM - the tech is amazing. CarPlay is so good. when you remote start it automatically turns on seat heat and heater if its cold out. Their app is free and starts car, unlocks, etc. The fit and finish is not good. They had one inside the showroom and I asked the manager if this is normal and he said yes. It had noticeable waves on the rear fender, bumper didn't line up to fender, weird fold on steering wheel leather, etc. The biggest reason I could not buy the GM was the way it drives. The escalade was a little better but still couldn't see myself being happy with the acceleration, power curve, engine noise, etc.

I checked out the sequoia because although does not have CarPlay its so old that you can still install aftermarket radios. I previously had a 2008 sequoia and loved it. I couldn't even drive it because its just too dated inside and out. Its too bad because Toyota makes great vehicles.

On to the Navigator and expedition. Nav was just priced too high. S=Found a great deal on a platinum expedition. It also had massage seats but it just fills and empties airbags. Don't think I would ever use it. The tech in ford is also amazing. Just like the GM the dash is very customizable. Has CarPlay. their app is also free and SP said you can even schedule when you want the car to autostart. Very cool. The ecoboost engine gets amazing MPG and has gobs of power. Something like 420hp, 460lbft. As I drove away from the dealer I thought "I cant believe I'm going to buy a ford" I spent an hour in it and really enjoyed learning how everything worked. I really liked it except, you guessed it, they way it drives. the turbo engine is hard to get used to. It lags at first then doesn't backoff when you release the throttle. Also not a fan of the handling.

That rules out everything thats big enough for me and has CarPlay but still wanted to get a new car so now its between the QX80 and the Armada Platinum. My wife has a 17 QX80 so I'm very familiar with the two. Since I didn't want to give up cooled seats I had to drive the top model that lists for 85k. It was nice and they came down to 74K pretty quickly but thats still $18k more than Nissan was offering me on a platinum armada.

In the end, the Armada has all the features I like (intelligent cruise, remote start, cooled seats, dvd, and tons of safety features) and it drives significantly better than all other large SUVs in my opinion. That 5.6 says it has less power than the others but I would take it over any other engine. The power comes on quick and smooth. I did have to give-up Apple CarPlay but that feature is not worth it for the trade off for me. Hopefully my next Armada will have it.

This is one of the rare cases where you can spend less and get a better product. For me the Armada is the best choice and is on the low end price wise. WHAT A WIN!!

Sidenote: I got white this time(had grey). I like that the 19's have body color fenders. Other little upgrades are a lot more USB ports, the video rear view mirror, and the ability to remote start from the app(costs $8/mo after first 6 month). I think all of those features started in 18.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. I just got a 2018 Platinum Reserve in white as well and really like the car. I got a great deal and like you test drove a bunch of others. The Expedition was my first pick, but the price was ridiculous and the fit and finish was not quite on par with the Armada. The Armada is definitely the best value out there for a full size body on frame SUV even if its the biggest gas guzzler out of the bunch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts