Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 04 LE yesterday.

Does the trailer harness that attaches to hitch socket to trailer come with the truck or do I have to go buy one?

Thanks,
Andrew

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
If you have the Big Tow package the harness for the brake controller comes with the package. No plug or wiring to connect from the socket on the hitch to the trailer is included in any package. You can buy the plug at most auto parts stores and home improvment centers.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
LE tow package

pecos said:
Just bought a new 04 LE yesterday.

Does the trailer harness that attaches to hitch socket to trailer come with the truck or do I have to go buy one?

Thanks,
Andrew
The tow package is standard on the LE. You might have to buy an adaptor for your trailer to plug into the Nissan receptacle depending on what your trailer has for a plug. Walmart has a large selection of stuff for towing(cheap too), just no one there knows anything to answer questions. I think this answers your question? Or were you referring to the electric brake controller harness that should have come in your glove box?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Electric controller harness in glove box? This is news to me..

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
harness

My trailer brake harness was up in the dash behind my steering wheel and plainly labeled. Plugged in my Prodigy controller right in, and it worked perfectly. Go Nissan for making this so easy! Wish they would have done that with the stereo.

:)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Pigtail?

OffRoadinArmada said:
Electric controller harness in glove box? This is news to me..
Maybe I should have said pigtail instead of harness. My Armada had a pigtail stored in the glove box that mates to the pre-wired and fused electric brake controller connector under the left side of dash (Nissan TSB 03101).

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2003/NTB03-101.htm

I wired the brake controller pigtail to the Nissan pigtail and plugged it into the Armadas under-dash plug.

All Armadas equipped with the tow package should have a pigtail placed in the glove box at the factory.
The Armada has a class III/IV rated receiver (2").

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
OOH ok. Yeah, mine was in my cargo area floor storage.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
The "pigtail" for my LE was in the glove box ------- of the SE Off-Road sitting next it. ;)

I have heard a few other stories of this wire harness missing.
I guess its like the coin tray, some get it and some don't.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Shamus said:
The "pigtail" for my LE was in the glove box ------- of the SE Off-Road sitting next it. ;)

I have heard a few other stories of this wire harness missing.
I guess its like the coin tray, some get it and some don't.

The Armada I got just got unloaded when I went to buy, it still had the white plastic wrap on it. I think that is why it still had the infamous coin tray and wire pigtail.
And as much as I do not care for WalMart's employment practices, they are a great resource for towing stuff (big selection).

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
For the life of me I cannot find the wiring harness Nissan talks about in the Manual. It says clearly marked with "electric brake connector" and I was searching forever on my truck and cant find it. I have a 2005 Armada LE

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Same here

MichaelM said:
For the life of me I cannot find the wiring harness Nissan talks about in the Manual. It says clearly marked with "electric brake connector" and I was searching forever on my truck and cant find it. I have a 2005 Armada LE

I had the same trouble, it is a son-of-a-gun to find. this should help.
http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2003/NTB03-101.htm It is for the 04 but should be the same for yours. Good luck

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Thanks for the help. I did find it, and it was WAY up in my dash. My hand looks I was attacked by freddie krueger. i installed the prodigy brake controller and I was able to hook up my camper and all is well. Pre-wired Nissan harness and its a beauty.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
MichaelM
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing