Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Armada with factory tow package. It has a 7 pin plug in. Everything works fine when I plug in my travel trailer with a 7 pin plug. All lights etc work. But when I use an adapter from 7 pin to 4 pin for my boat, nothing. No lights at all. Bought four different adapters. None work. When I plug my boat into my sons chevy truck with adapter, the boat lights work fine so it is not the boat. Why would the lights work with my travel trailer and not with the four pin adapters?

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
you may have a faulty relay or other wiring issue. have you checked continuity at the plug and the adapters? can you try nother 4 pin adapter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you may have a faulty relay or other wiring issue. have you checked continuity at the plug and the adapters? can you try nother 4 pin adapter?
I have bought four different adapters and none worked . Used one of those adapters plugged into Chevy Silverado 7 pin and my boats 4 pin plug and boat lights work. One of the adapters has led indicators on the four pin end. They will not light up when plugged into Armada. Put a new plug on boat with led indicators and get no led on when plugged into adapter plugged into the Armadas 7 pin. The odd thing is my 7 pin travel trailer plugged into the Armada works perfectly well. That’s what is so confusing.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
43 Posts
Mmm strange. Seems to be faulty wiring but at the same time your regular 7pin works just fine.

I have an adapter for a 4-7 pin and it works just fine. It's a generic one I paid 10$ for so nothing fancy or special.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Then I dont need a special adapter. The whole story. I had a brake controller put in at Camping World. Later i plugged in a utility trlr and maybe blew a fuse. Had some warning lights for brakes. Took to dealer who claimed there were bare wires that caused a short. Even showed me a picture of mangled wires. Charged me $591. Said fixed wiring and fuse. Warning lights went away. Had some lights working on utility trailer at the time with adapter. Now boat with adapter not working. Afraid to plug in utility trailer and cause another short. Yet 7 pin from travel trailer works including brake controller. Not taking it back to dealer because i dont trust they didnt mangle the wires themselves when maybe just a blown fuse, because it worked when I brought the travel trailer home from camping world who denies mangling the wires. The Armada was prewired and called for a plug and play harness. No splicing required.

·
Administrator
6,188 Posts
sounds like they burned you on a relay or fuse in the IPDM. they could have bypassed certain wiring or any number of things

ive attached a pdf of the relay box behind the battery. smoke over those relays in the photo and see if good continuity exists.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Armada with factory tow package. It has a 7 pin plug in. Everything works fine when I plug in my travel trailer with a 7 pin plug. All lights etc work. But when I use an adapter from 7 pin to 4 pin for my boat, nothing. No lights at all. Bought four different adapters. None work. When I plug my boat into my sons chevy truck with adapter, the boat lights work fine so it is not the boat. Why would the lights work with my travel trailer and not with the four pin adapters?
I had this same problem last week.Here is the solution. Pop your hood, on the
drivers side there are two roughly 4x4 fuse boxes . There is a 10 amp fuse that is blow. It is a low profile fuse but a regular small fuse will work. If you need more info. Let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had this same problem last week.Here is the solution. Pop your hood, on the
drivers side there are two roughly 4x4 fuse boxes . There is a 10 amp fuse that is blow. It is a low profile fuse but a regular small fuse will work. If you need more info. Let me know.
This is the only fuse box on the drivers side. I tested all of the fuses on a multitester and they appear to be good.

CB20B4DE-D2D0-4882-AE53-0F38384553BA.jpeg

Finally got it fixed. Walked into a UHaul and the tech there found problem in a few minutes. There was a green multiplex fuse under the hood on the passenger side. A green triple 40 amp. One of the 40 amp fuses was blown. Really hard to tell. Two of the 40s went to ignition and the third went to electric brake which was blown. Picked up a new one and works with seven pin to four pin adapter. And seven to seven. Tickled pink. Nine dollar green 40,40,40 multifuse MPF2-444X by Bussman.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Armada Platinum
43 Posts
Finally got it fixed. Walked into a UHaul and the tech there found problem in a few minutes. There was a green multiplex fuse under the hood on the passenger side. A green triple 40 amp. One of the 40 amp fuses was blown. Really hard to tell. Two of the 40s went to ignition and the third went to electric brake which was blown. Picked up a new one and works with seven pin to four pin adapter. And seven to seven. Tickled pink. Nine dollar green 40,40,40 multifuse MPF2-444X by Bussman.
Nice to hear that you were able to fix your problem!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts