Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 armada, my trailer lights are not working (never used the armada to him a trailer before) reading trough documentation I found out that the trailer running lights has a relay under the steering wheel, I figured that the relay was bad and replaced it. The trailer running lights still do not work after replacing that relay. I’m running out of ideas here. Has anyone experienced this before ?

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
I don’t tow but am trying to help.

Did you check continuity at the harness in back to make sure al Los good there? Check fuses ?

Do you have any electrical issues anywhere else on the car?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I’ll take all the help I can get. I have checked all cables on the hitch. Also I have checked all relays and fuses. No other issue in the car. I also noticed that under the steering wheel there is only one relay, I have seen other posts where there is 3 relays under the steering wheel. Here is a picture of my armada and the relay I have now replaced.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 2012 Platinum (factory tow package, so has all the relays). Turned out to be a blown fuse. Can't remember which one. The car was still under warranty, and the dealer was about to pull their hair out. They tested all the relays and fuses, all tested good. Finally, on a whim, they replaced a fuse that tested good, and the lights worked. Turned out the fuse was intermittent.

If I remember, I'll go back through the service records and see if they noted which fuse was bad.

Keith

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i checked on a different trailer. Verified that the trailer had running lights by jumping the the running lights pin to the + pin and tested the trailer with an other truck So that i dont have to keep going back and forth to the trailer i also purchased a tester from amazon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts