Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2006 Armada SE. I did not get the tow package. I installed an OEM hitch. It came with the 2 of the required relays and the plug that the wiring harness plugs into. I connected up to the trailer and checked out the lights. I do not have running lamps. I have 12V, flashers, stops lights and both blinkers.

I originally connected up and had no right blinkers, this is when I discovered that I needed the 3rd relay. So off to the dealer and installed the new relay. Got the blinkers, but still no running lamps. I looked in the owners manual and it doesn't even show the fuses. The fuse box doesn't have anything labeled as trailer anything.

So, anyone have suggestions as to what I can do? Anything else I can check to see that everything is connected? Is there possibly a wire that is not connected in a non-tow package SE?

Thanks
Greg

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a Problems forum. If this would be better over there, a moderator can move it.

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I found this thread where it says what my problem may be. I won't be able to test this until tomorrow. But I haven't been able to find anything in the owner's manual about what fuse this could be blowing. I see under the dash that there's a stop light fuse, but the stop lights work fine. Under the hood, there are a couple fuses that I have no idea what they are for. Any help would be appreciated.

· Premium Member
5,214 Posts
fritz_monroe said:
Well, I found this thread where it says what my problem may be. I won't be able to test this until tomorrow. But I haven't been able to find anything in the owner's manual about what fuse this could be blowing. I see under the dash that there's a stop light fuse, but the stop lights work fine. Under the hood, there are a couple fuses that I have no idea what they are for. Any help would be appreciated.
Look at the IPDM E/R box under the hood. There are a number of fuses there; one is for the trailer running lights. It is probably a 10 amp fuse, #32. See attachment.

Attachments

· Premium Member
5,214 Posts
fritz_monroe said:
Thanks for the help. I'll check this in the morning. Is this the same box as the trailer relays?
No, the IPDM E/R box is located right behind the trailer relay box.

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found the box. I checked pretty much all the fuses and they are all good. I also compared my Jeep's trailer connector to the Armada. They are the same. I checked voltage on each pin when it should be at 12V and all are good except for running lamps. When I turn on the lights on the Jeep, I have 12V at pin 3, but on the Armada, I have nothing.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I did notice that I have a red wire at pin 3 where all diagrams that I've seen have a brown or green wire there. I know that color really means nothing, but figured it's worth mentioning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.