Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a pusher fan and fluid thermal switch from Summit racing to add to my external transmission cooler.
This fan is NOT necessary unless you do some heavy hauling in very hot climates, or you just want to mount one for piece of mind...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finished the install of the transmission cooler 4" fan. Even in 95°+ weather sitting in bumper to bumper traffic hauling a stump grinder, I still couldn't get the transmission hot enough to trigger the thermal switch. I guess I gotta hook up the big trailer and find a steep hill lol...

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Nice work! (y)

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
How low does your tranny temp get in the winter? I put the external cooler in and last winter the needle was pegged to the bottom a few times on long cold highway trips. I don't have a a thermostat hooked up - just the dash gauge which I think has just three modes - cold / fine / fucked.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't start driving until the engine temp gauge starts to move. After that, it takes about 5 minutes before the transmission temp gauge reads even 100° on very cold days. Even then, it stays between 120° and 140° no matter how much I give it hell on cold days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts