Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else has/had this problem.
I know that the computer tells the transmission when to engage and what gear it is in. But lately when I shift from R to D I get a loud clicking noise right before I can feel the drivetrain torque. It dosn't do it when it is cold, only after driving for awhile. I have an appointment to have it looked at, but I was wondering if I could give them something to look for.
Thanks
Syko

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
If you are having problems shifting, it is probably because the trans is under load and you are going from park to R to drive. If it is a click, it is probably rear hubs needing greasing.There is a TSB on this. It was my only problem and I had it done. Killed the click immediately. :D

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
And mine came back after 6-7K miles. Still haven't had it redone, but it's not inspiring confidence to have to take apart your axles every 10K or so.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
I have clicking from rev to fwd and back. Also, from stop to accl. Dealer last week said that he had to order new hubs from California. Also had to order new sound system. 6-Disk changer failing to play/load/eject... Waiting for parts

I have had it all:
1. Brake problem
2. Loose axle bolts
3. Idiot lights and low break fluid
4. Transmission coolant line leak (one dealer said it was a loose ps fluid cap!)
5. Center console in headliner rattles
6. Speedo ticks in cold
7. Defective sound system
8. Rear hubs need replacement

and only 28k miles! :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts