Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm a mechanic in Jos Nigeria. Working on Nissan armada 2008, transmission ran out of fluid. Valve body and circuit board melted. Bought a used transmission mounted it. Car start okay but won't rave beyond 1000rpm. Change another tranny same problem, no fault code on TCM. ECM code is P0335. I've ran out of ideas. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

· Administrator
6,705 Posts
Faulty crankshaft position sensor
Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted
Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Signal plate may be damage
Starter motor may be faulty
Starting system circuit Dead or weak battery

The P0335 DTC is set once the powertrain control module (PCM) fails to detect proper sensor operation from the crankshaft position sensor. This causes the Check Engine Light to be displayed on the dashboard and a failsafe mode enabled.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. Yesterday I disconnected the valve body connection after starting the engine. And it raved okay throwing new codes as expected. Which exact sensor is it? P0335 1t. I'm lost. There are 4 sensors that look same with same code. Tried switching the sensors yet same result.

· Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Thanks for your response. Yesterday I disconnected the valve body connection after starting the engine. And it raved okay throwing new codes as expected. Which exact sensor is it? P0335 1t. I'm lost. There are 4 sensors that look same with same code. Tried switching the sensors yet same result.
The P0335 DTC refers to the crankshaft position sensor. If you look on the bottom/right rear of the transmission housing, you should see a pigtail with a green clip that plugs into said sensor.

Also, how did you disconnect the valve body with the engine running since its located inside the transmission?

Reactions: marctronixx

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your response. Not the valve body but the connection from outside the transmission.
I temporarily put back the old transmission and the throttle works ok this is my take about the whole saga. On the other side of the valve body is a circuit board, I believe that board has to be programmed to enable proper function of the throttle body.
My next plan is to remove the circuit board from the old transmission and transfer to the new transmission. I hope to have that done in a few days from now.

· Premium Member
1,725 Posts
If you're referring to the TCM, then there is no reprogramming done because when it’s replaced, it’s always sold as one part with the valve body. Several Titan owners over at titantalk.com have gone thru replacing or upgrading said part.

· Premium Member
1,725 Posts
Thanks. That's helpful
I stand corrected. I meant to say the front lower right side of the transmission housing. Literally right before it bolts up to the block. That’s where you’ll find the CKP sensor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts