Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all on my 2005 2WD Armada 140k miles the transmission shudders when I hard accelerate from a complete stop when it is in drive. When I put it in 1st, it doesn't shudder when I hard accelerate.

I slowly accelerate up to 5 mph then hard accelerate and it's perfectly fine.

Also, this has been ongoing for a couple years and I'd like to finally fix it (I don't drive it much so it wasn't important).

It is not slipping and goes through all gears fine, downshifts etc perfectly. Only when put under load on initial acceleration when in D.

Lastly, it takes a couple seconds to engage going from park to drive.

Oil level is good but I suspect may have never been changed.

Thanks for any insights!

I forgot to mention, there's a weird loud metalic ringing noise coming from the tranny area on takeoff and low speed. Almost like something is loose or tossing about. It's not a rattle, it's definitely a ringing sound.

The sound always happens. It's not random or occassional.

·
Super Moderator
6,063 Posts
Low tranny fluid. May need to be replaced.
Tranny may need to be rebuilt.

If you purchased this car used, and you have not replace those things (fluids) its most definitely a recommendation.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
To add to this, you need to check the ATF while it is warmed up to operating temp. (per the manual), and the engine has to be running. That is the most accurate way to tell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you marctronixx and DanF I will have the fluid replaced next week and report back. And thanks for the tip on checking the fluid I checked it cold and not running. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts