Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Armada SE, 2700 miles on it. First trip to the mountains towing a 23' Outback...probably 5k loaded. Started to get a transmission smell on the way up and it was more noticable in the cab than outside. On the way home got it again. This morning the garage reeks of transmission fluid. No drips or visible signs around the motor. Didn't drive it hard and the temp gauges never moved from normal. Anyone experience this? Could this be a new motor blow-by and burn-off?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There have been some problems with the hose clamps on the air cooler. There is a TSB out on the problem. You need to take your Armada to your dealer for the fix.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the help! Where can I find this TSB to educate myself before I go in?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
LaWnDaRt said:
05 Armada SE, 2700 miles on it. First trip to the mountains towing a 23' Outback...probably 5k loaded. Started to get a transmission smell on the way up and it was more noticable in the cab than outside. On the way home got it again. This morning the garage reeks of transmission fluid. No drips or visible signs around the motor. Didn't drive it hard and the temp gauges never moved from normal. Anyone experience this? Could this be a new motor blow-by and burn-off?
Could it have been your differential? BTW, according to the service manual, you should have the fluid changed if you tow within the first 3,000 miles.

Keith

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Tsb

Somebody posted a link to applicable nissan tsb's Do a search on this site and you should be able to come up with it

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made my appointment. I guess I wasn't suppose to tow until 5k miles! My manual says 500. 04 rule changed for 05. Ug! Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have 3000 of 4600 miles towing a 24' race car hauler. I changed the diff fluid Sat. It stinks!

That may be your smell...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts