Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone offer an upgrade to the tuning on the transmission? I'm hoping for better towing performance and sooner torque converter lockup.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
You can make a better towing preformance and a sooner converter lookup easy via an ECU upgrade.
I have done it personally as my transmission was slipping after a motor upgrade.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I do))
If you can read out your mapping, I can make you a stage 1 solution

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Great. What gear do I need to read out the mapping?
I do it with "Tactrix open port 2.0" + "PCM flash".
The price is about $40.
But you can take any solution that is able to read the Hitach SH7059 ECU, there are a lot of solutions on the market.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also in case anyone else is reading
The tactrix is the connection from ECU to computer. PcM flash is the program that talks to the ecu to read and write flash.

Just curious which program do you use to tune? Efidyno? TunerPro Rt?

I'm used to full stand alone, so I'm familiar with tuning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to tune transmission as well! This is good to see someone who has done it. I recently bought an RV so a tune for better towing would be awesome.

Ideally I would like slightly higher line pressure for increased clutch holding, relay the low throttle shifting by maybe 10-20%? I think it shifts too early at low throttle, I know this is for increased gas mileage but with 37's it would help if it shifted at higher RPM.

Please let me know what I need to purchase and also if you require payment for a tune. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Also in case anyone else is reading
The tactrix is the connection from ECU to computer. PcM flash is the program that talks to the ecu to read and write flash.

Just curious which program do you use to tune? Efidyno? TunerPro Rt?

I'm used to full stand alone, so I'm familiar with tuning.
I use winols, Kess2, a lot of solutions)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I would like to tune transmission as well! This is good to see someone who has done it. I recently bought an RV so a tune for better towing would be awesome.

Ideally I would like slightly higher line pressure for increased clutch holding, relay the low throttle shifting by maybe 10-20%? I think it shifts too early at low throttle, I know this is for increased gas mileage but with 37's it would help if it shifted at higher RPM.

Please let me know what I need to purchase and also if you require payment for a tune. Thanks!
It is not an AUDI or BMW)) The most maps are unknown.
The best way to let your transmission shift better, is to change the fluid and add an additional oil cooler to keep the oil at about 90 C.
This automaticly increase the shift quality as the system is raising pressure at lower temperatures.
Have done it to mine.
Add pressure is possible to the powertrain control diagram, but you will face a lower acceleration, as the controlled slipping of the torque converter will be lower and may face bumpier up and downshifts if you increase to much.
The powertrain force diagram available for editing is looking like this on the armada:

If you update your cooling sytem and change the fluid I can send do you an ECU update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is not an AUDI or BMW)) The most maps are unknown.
The best way to let your transmission shift better, is to change the fluid and add an additional oil cooler to keep the oil at about 90 C.
This automaticly increase the shift quality as the system is raising pressure at lower temperatures.
Have done it to mine.
Add pressure is possible to the powertrain control diagram, but you will face a lower acceleration, as the controlled slipping of the torque converter will be lower and may face bumpier up and downshifts if you increase to much.
The powertrain force diagram available for editing is looking like this on the armada:

If you update your cooling sytem and change the fluid I can send do you an ECU update.
This is very cool. I have replaced transmission fluid about 1 year ago with premium brand synthetic and added a bottle of LubeGard Platinum, you are correct this made a HUGE difference. The original fluid was very dark, not burnt but very dark.

I have thought about adding an additional transmission cooler as well, and now with purchasing the RV this is probably a good idea as you suggest.

I would love to learn this myself, I have slight experience with EFI tuning about 10 years ago, using self built Megasquirt. I will order the OpenPort 2.0, the software and then install a transmission cooler and contact you back when ready.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also, I see a lot of Chinese Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 clones, are there any that are good quality? Or should I just go with the official one?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Also, I see a lot of Chinese Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 clones, are there any that are good quality? Or should I just go with the official one?
I'm using the original one and never tried a copy...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts