Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:mad: I had an unpleasant experience in my Armada this Saturday. I parked the truck in a mall, when I tried to open the driver's door from the inside the door would not open. I tried the automatic locks and tried to push the door hard and nothing. Out of frustration I yelled to my 15 year old son to open the damn door from the outside. He pointed out that the door latch was stucked in the open position; apparently when I opened the door to get inside the vehicle the last time it stayed like that. As a result, it got stuck and did not want to open. That was really disturbing because in case of an accident I would probably be dead meat! I will try to use W240 oil or something. I checked it and it has factory grease. Should I take it to the dealer or has anyone experienced that?

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
There has been a report of this happening to the Driver's side passenger (rear) door. Supposed to be due to a cheap little plastic piece that breaks (big surprise) inside the door. I would think your dealer would fix this for you, and quickly. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yes,
I had that exact problem. I did not get stuck inside the truck but on my first (on #3) visit to the dealer in 3 weeks, My driver side door handle did exactly that, would get stuck in the out position. They opened it and I guess put some kind of grease in there because when they were done it was all over the window and took 3 days for me to get it off, lol. Did seem to fix the problem.

All of these problems we are having, though minor, are annoying because it takes a trip to the dealer and kills the whole day.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer

Going to the dealer down here in S Fla is a pain. You need a day off from work to go and hurry up and wait. That is the reason that small stuff like that I'd rather do it myself. Thanks for your replies. :chillpill

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Copernic said:
:mad: I had an unpleasant experience in my Armada this Saturday. I parked the truck in a mall, when I tried to open the driver's door from the inside the door would not open. I tried the automatic locks and tried to push the door hard and nothing. Out of frustration I yelled to my 15 year old son to open the damn door from the outside. He pointed out that the door latch was stucked in the open position; apparently when I opened the door to get inside the vehicle the last time it stayed like that. As a result, it got stuck and did not want to open. That was really disturbing because in case of an accident I would probably be dead meat! I will try to use W240 oil or something. I checked it and it has factory grease. Should I take it to the dealer or has anyone experienced that?
Since you know now, if it happens again, just roll down the window and let yourself out.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pissed

andy said:
Since you know now, if it happens again, just roll down the window and let yourself out.
You know I was so upset that I forgot to do that! I was not expecting that to happen in a not so cheap truck. :pullout:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I know what you're saying. I also wonder about my door handle sometimes. Everytime I pull on it, it feels like something going to break in there. But so far, so good. Knock on wood..

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hey Copernic,

I'm in S. fla. too... where you at??
Who is your dealer??

I have the Pleasure (lol) of dealing with Weston NIssan, where I bought the truck.. Actually, so far, they have been very receptive and have given me a rental every time I have been in for service...

just curious if you have a good dealer down here, especially when it comes time to get the "new" rotors. Weston told me as of right now there are 25 people in front of me and I won't even be on the list until I come back again 2 more times with the problem.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Miami

Heat03 said:
Hey Copernic,

I'm in S. fla. too... where you at??
Who is your dealer??

I have the Pleasure (lol) of dealing with Weston NIssan, where I bought the truck.. Actually, so far, they have been very receptive and have given me a rental every time I have been in for service...

just curious if you have a good dealer down here, especially when it comes time to get the "new" rotors. Weston told me as of right now there are 25 people in front of me and I won't even be on the list until I come back again 2 more times with the problem.
I am in Miami, Dealers down her are not very good. I have been dealing with Esserman Nissan and their service sucks. Maroone is a little better.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Door handle

By the way I applied WD 40 to the door handle and so far so good. It does not stick in the out position no more. Hope this will be the end. :confused:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
didn't even really think of that.... good ol WD-40...

I'm gonna try that tonight myself.

Seems like this truck will need a lot of WD LOL

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Heat03 said:
didn't even really think of that.... good ol WD-40...

I'm gonna try that tonight myself.

Seems like this truck will need a lot of WD LOL
I had the same problem happen to me yesterday with my drivers door handle. I did not get trapped inside but when I got out the door handle did not retract all the way back in. I used the white lithium grease which I think will hold up better in all the rain we have been getting in Miami lately. WD40 will wash away in the rain.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Passenger door

Now it is happening in the passenger side too. The door handle was stuck in the out position this morning. :chainsaw:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with the front door handles freezing and being unable to open door? If you are able to force handle enough to open door then it won't latch when you try to close the door , (latch is stuck in open position) . I've had many vehicles over the years and always lived in the NorthEast, but i believe the doors on this vehicle have frozen more than all the other vehicles I've owned. It must be a poor design and or cheap parts. During the winter I carry a can of WD-40 and a bungee cord at all times. Couple of times I had to climb into the drivers seat from the 2nd row seats, at 6' 2" and 220 lbs it isn't something I want to do very much. 1st time at the dealer all they did was lubricate it, fine in weather above 30 degrees, if it snows or rains then turns colder , I have problems. Back to the dealer again I guess. The 2nd row doors still work even when frozen , you have to pull them open slowly but they latch when you close them, of course it is a different design handle.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Instead of WD-40, I've used teflon. A bit harder to find and slightly more expensive, but it seems to work better in cold weather.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Frozen door handle

Armadaof1 said:
Instead of WD-40, I've used teflon. A bit harder to find and slightly more expensive, but it seems to work better in cold weather.
Have you had problems with the front door handles freezing? I'm trying to find out if this is somewhat of a common problem or an isolated case. It rained here on Wed. then turned cold , mid 30s during the day and low20s at night and every morning the doors are froze. I haven't washed it in two weeks. Any info is appreciated and Thanks for the reply. Oh the teflon you spoke of we have in work, I'll give that a try. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
take it to the dealer, cause if u dont fix it urself, the dealer will see you tried to fix it and might say your waranty is void or somthing

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
front door handle freezing

thundertracks said:
Have you had problems with the front door handles freezing? I'm trying to find out if this is somewhat of a common problem or an isolated case. It rained here on Wed. then turned cold , mid 30s during the day and low20s at night and every morning the doors are froze. I haven't washed it in two weeks. Any info is appreciated and Thanks for the reply. Oh the teflon you spoke of we have in work, I'll give that a try. Thanks again
Hey allu northern Mada owners D we have enough people with this problem to ask for a TSB??? mine did the same thing( door handle stuck open) earlier this weekend except the door would not close. almost had to shovel snow out of the inside of the truck. I believe that it is a lube/ design problem maybe a new rubber gasket needs to be designed and installed. My solution was to pour hot water into the door handle and unfreeze the sticking part. Its going in for TSBs soon anyway so I'll have the dealer put on some silicone grease ( white lithium solidifies at really cold temps)

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
White Graphite

The temperatures have been cold here in the steel city, some nights it was in the teens already. I have noticed that the doors have been hard to budge sometimes but not sticking. I believe the right thing to lubricate those sticky parts would be white graphite. It doesn't freeze and won't wear off so easily as WD-40, or other spray products. Get and ask for the white graphite, as the standard grey is messy and can get on cloths and hands and stain them.
Just so you all know I lived in Alaska for over 8 years in the 1970's and when its -52 your vehicle doors will stick some times, so believe me the graphite works. Also the Armada isnt the only vehicle with sticking or frozen doors in the winter time. There is also a spray product on the market for thawing out locks which might be frozen over or shut not allwoing you to use a key. Im sure a little www searching will find the answer, Good Luck and enjoy the winter driving in your Armada. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts