Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of replacing my mirrors (or fixing the window rattle) the dealership removed the triangular shape sticker on the inside of the door that is right behind the mirror.

It has now lost it's stickiness and the top part of the "triangle" peals back and causes a snapping sound when you open the door as it catches on the door gasket.

I tried to glue it with hot glue but it came off, then again with goop and some painters tape to hold it in place while it sets but I would rather just replace it.

The problem is I cannot find the part picture or description so I was hoping someone could help me out. I guess I could take it back to the dealer but I would like to avoid that.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Kailo - Thanks for the reply but in the diagram I am looking at (part #4 indicates the part number you provided) it looks that is the one for the outside (where you would push the door to close it). Although from your description it sounds like the part I am looking for (the inside cover).

I will snap a pic of it tonight.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mistertmac said:
Definitely take it to the stealership and have them fit it!
You have not idea what I went through with them. I don't want to go back there unless I have to. Last thing I need is another scratch on my door or to make another 8 trips there. :mad:

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,985 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pops,

It doesn't look like anything in the photo. Best way I can describe it is this:

A black sticker that is on the inside of the door right behind where the outside mirror would bolt up. It is a thick sticker (made of plastic) that appears to cover the bolt holes for the mirror.

On the driver's side, if you open the door and follow the top window channel and the bottom window channel they come to a point. To the right of that point is where this sticker is.

You can't see it with the door closed.

edit: it is in the shape more or less of the parts you pointed out, but it is just a sticker about 2 - 3 mils thick (like the contractor bags but made out of hard plastic).

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Why dont you call the parts dept at the dealership and ask them? You don't have to take it in, just either have them ship it to you or contact Greg at yournissanparts.com once you know the part #.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. I had remove my "tape" when I installed the tow mirrors. If a dealership can't help you out with a part #, you could always buy a piece of high quality black vinyl. Use you peeled off old one as a template, and make your own covering.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
spta97 said:
Kailo - Thanks for the reply but in the diagram I am looking at (part #4 indicates the part number you provided) it looks that is the one for the outside (where you would push the door to close it). Although from your description it sounds like the part I am looking for (the inside cover).

I will snap a pic of it tonight.
I know exactly what you talkin about.. I had to change mine's and that was the part# we got you can Goggle part # and it will tell you what part it is...Good Luck..

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kailo said:
I know exactly what you talkin about.. I had to change mine's and that was the part# we got you can Goggle part # and it will tell you what part it is...Good Luck..
Ok, that is the part. $15 / piece huh? Well that's kinda annoying being that the dealership messed them up. Perhaps I will give the service manager a call and see if they will give them to me but I would rather pay then give them my truck again.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
3m makes a ton of different types of tape. You can get double sided tape that is as thin as scotch tape. Also, make sure you clean the surface really good and there is also a chemical that 3m makes called pro bond and you apply it with a little sponge applicator that comes with it in the packet. i used this stuff when i worked for Saleen for 9 years and for 4 of those years i built cars and this is all we used to hold on certain parts of the body kits, It works very well. Anyways, if the part is in good shape this will fix it unless you would rather get the part from Nissan, not sure which would be cheaper though.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info. The Goop + painters tape for 2 days seems to be holding, but I really made a mess out of it with the squeeze out. Debating if it is worth a fight with the dealer for $30.

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
So I did this:

Not 100% happy with the results (especially passenger side) but I think I can do them better next time.

·
Premium Member
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What happened? Did you remove them?

Funny this came up - I ended up ordering the parts and still have them in my parts bin. I did not install because I was expecting additional mirror issues.

What material did you use? I would also remove all the old adhesive before trying to put something back on.

I'll add this to my Armada To Do list as it has been 14 years lol! Sure hope the adhesive is still good...

·
Premium Member
2012 Nissan Armada SL
400 Posts
Put on some tow mirrors and the adhesive on the OEM parts didn't cooperate. Might have had something to do with me using the tow mirror backing plates.

I used this:

If you can get a firmer material I'd recommend that.

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 20 of 21 Posts