Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did rear air auto level delete. I want to remove compressor and turn off auto level with out getting cel.
How to I remove this fro. System. No need to carry the weight and no need for this compressor to turn on ever.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
When my auto leveling system was completely shot, I still wasn't getting any CELs. Have you tried just unplugging the compressor or the air leveling relay behind the battery?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was asking, I guess I will just try unplugging it first and remove it if no cel.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Mines been just unplugged in the back for years and no check light. I left everything there so it can easily be swapped back if I ever want to go back. I taped over the connectors to keep them clean and zip tied the hose ends near the wheels.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's done took longer to type posts then to slide under truck and pull plug. I slide both ends of connection into compressor sleeve. Finished. Next I will remove it and all hoses.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just curious - new to Armada. What's the advantage of deleting the rear leveling air compressor?

Thanks,
M

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
-some people dont want the system anymore
-the system develops leaks/issues and not worth the $$$ to fix
-personal reasons.

·
Super Moderator
5,220 Posts
the system detects when the rear is lower than a set threshold and will kick in, so if you load up 8 people in the car plus some luggage in the trunk area, and this makes the rear sag, then the compressor will kick in to level out the car. thats why its called "auto leveling". you dont have to be towing anything for it to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts