Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3500 miles ago, they turned my rotors and my brakes have been fine. There was only a slight judder and I mainly complained b/c the car pulled a little to one side during breaking. My question is has this helped anyone else. I see it has NOT helped quiet a few.

Thanks,

XXXL

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Temporary fix

XXXLARMADA said:
About 3500 miles ago, they turned my rotors and my brakes have been fine. There was only a slight judder and I mainly complained b/c the car pulled a little to one side during breaking. My question is has this helped anyone else. I see it has NOT helped quiet a few.

Thanks,

XXXL
Turning the rotors is a temporary fix. The rotors are still prone to warping. If you started feeling a judder at 3500 you will probably start to feel it again at 7000. It helps, but until you get the redesigned rotors, you will continue to experience the same judder until they can't turn them any more.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
XXXLARMADA said:

Thanks,

XXXL
Hmmm. 10,000 posts on this.
Brake rotors for '04 and most of '05 were of poor design. They fixed the problem and introduced new rotors in May '05. There is a backlog for the replacements and supply hasn't caught up to demand yet. As a temp fix, Nissan is turning the rotors up to 3 times. This buys you about 10,000 miles and buys Nissan time to make the needed parts.

You are covered by warranty until fixed. Bring it to Nissan dealer. If they have the new parts in stock, you will get them. If they don't, you will go on a list until they arrive. In the mean time, there is no danger. This is not uncommon. For example, Sequioas had this problem for almost 3 years before Toyota acknowledged it. ;)

BTW, there is a little button above called SEARCH :rolleyes: :whip:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No duh

92TripleBlack said:
Hmmm. 10,000 posts on this.
Brake rotors for '04 and most of '05 were of poor design. They fixed the problem and introduced new rotors in May '05. There is a backlog for the replacements and supply hasn't caught up to demand yet. As a temp fix, Nissan is turning the rotors up to 3 times. This buys you about 10,000 miles and buys Nissan time to make the needed parts.

You are covered by warranty until fixed. Bring it to Nissan dealer. If they have the new parts in stock, you will get them. If they don't, you will go on a list until they arrive. In the mean time, there is no danger. This is not uncommon. For example, Sequioas had this problem for almost 3 years before Toyota acknowledged it. ;)

BTW, there is a little button above called SEARCH :rolleyes: :whip:

Hey, I know this is a common concern and POST. Further, I don't need to "search", I've been reading this board for the last 5 months so I am familiar with the posts. Everyone in those "10,000" posts are bitching about the "temporary fix" and how it hasn't helped them. I'm simply saying... IT HELPED ME , the dealer turned the rotors and now my brakes are FINE. I now have 13500 miles and no problems. It looks to me like I am the only one in the planet who isn't having repeat problems. I thought I would actually point out/post something positive among all the bitching about an SUV , I happen to think is the best on the road. However, why bother posting anything with replies like yours coming back. Nonetheless, thanks for your info. However, the dealer told me that it is being handled on a case by case basis and since I am no longer having issues, I won't get the new kit, unless the issues resurface.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FL_Crushin said:
Turning the rotors is a temporary fix. The rotors are still prone to warping. If you started feeling a judder at 3500 you will probably start to feel it again at 7000. It helps, but until you get the redesigned rotors, you will continue to experience the same judder until they can't turn them any more.

I had them turned 3500 miles ago, not at 3500 miles. I now have 13500 miles and no signs of additional problems. Thanks for your info, though.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I actually started to have the "judders" at around 8800 miles. I'm at 11000 now and haven't had a problem yet (except for the dust). I'm actually hoping the judders come back so I can get the permanent fix the second time around :D .

With that said, what happens if the judder doesn't come back until close to 20k miles? Would Nissan still be obligated to repair? :confused:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Pwrl3ss said:
I actually started to have the "judders" at around 8800 miles. I'm at 11000 now and haven't had a problem yet (except for the dust). I'm actually hoping the judders come back so I can get the permanent fix the second time around :D .

With that said, what happens if the judder doesn't come back until close to 20k miles? Would Nissan still be obligated to repair? :confused:

Thanks
Yes. The brake warranty has been extended to 36k.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Brake Dust

If I were you, I'd find a way to get the permanent fix if just only to get rid of that horrid BRAKE DUST. New brakes = noticeably less brake dust. Yeah :fantastic

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Tien said:
i got the letter today stating in writing that the brakes are warrantied 36months unlimited miles.
really????? why didn't I?? :damn:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Turning the rotors isn't replacing the rotors. It may help. There have been many people who never had brake problems at all. However,Nissan is in the process of replacing them. Parts are in short supply. Until the new parts catch up with demand, Nissan is turning the rotors to buy some time for everyone. You will get a new set eventually if you are having problems. Nissan will turn up to 3 times. But the parts supply should catch up to demand soon. In the mean time, just wait it out. There is no danger, and I haven't been able to find a manufacturer, including Toyota, that didn't have similar issues. Nissan has also extended the brake warranty to 3 years unlimited to cover the problem. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
You have only read a limited number of posts. Turning the rotors isn't replacing the rotors. Nissan is in the process of replacing them. Parts are in short supply. Until the new parts catch up with demand, Nissan is turning the rotors to buy some time for everyone. You will get a new set eventually if you are having problems. Nissan will turn up to 3 times. But the parts supply should catch up to demand soon. In the mean time, just wait it out. There is no danger, and I haven't been able to find a manufacturer, including Toyota, that didn't have similar issues. Nissan has also extended the brake warranty to 3 years unlimited to cover the problem. ;)
am i covered for those 3 years for the Armada bake warranty too!?!?!?!? How do I know???? I live in Canada, and I hope it doesn't have any reason to do with that. Also, everyone is sayin that they got a card/letter in the mail regarding this issue...why didn't I!!! :mad: :confused: Should I ask the dealer??

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
hullio said:
am i covered for those 3 years for the Armada bake warranty too!?!?!?!? How do I know???? I live in Canada, and I hope it doesn't have any reason to do with that. Also, everyone is sayin that they got a card/letter in the mail regarding this issue...why didn't I!!! :mad: :confused: Should I ask the dealer??
Good question.
I didn't get the letter either. I heard of a Titan guy that got one but I don't think everyone has yet. I would find out if the TSB and warranty information also applies to Canada or if it is a USA thing. Check the actual TSB if you can.

I think it probably applies to Canadians, as long as you aren't French Canadian. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts