Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First time poster here.

I recently purchased a 2022 Frontier Pro-4X and I am very impressed with the truck so far. It is my first Nissan. As a long time Toyota fanboy who has also owned a handful of Ford products, I am finding the quality of the Frontier to be surprisingly good. I have officially warmed to Nissan as a brand, at least their trucks.

So to the topic at hand. I was recently traveling for business and had reserved a van. When I arrived at my destination to find that my rental wasn’t there I insisted on something big enough to accommodate my equipment. The lady at the rental counter said yeah I think we have something for you.

A few minutes later they came around the corner in a 2021 Armada SL… I pulled out of there not knowing what to expect.

Fast forward to the end of the week and I fully did not want to return the Armada! I absolutely love this vehicle. It’s not perfect in some ways. The MPG is a little hard to justify in the current market but it’s somewhat of a secondary concern to someone like me. I want a family vehicle that is comfortable, reliable to high mileage, and generally built like a tank.

I was extremely impressed with the feel of this vehicle. The only thing I could compare it to would be a budget landcruiser. To me built in Japan is very attractive. My best Toyota’s have been those of Japanese origin.

I will have my wife’s expedition paid off in the next year or so. I might have my work cut out for me convincing her on the Armada but hopefully getting her behind the wheel will do the trick! I’m a little scared she’s going to want a Honda Pilot or something boring like that!

Just thought I would make an account to share this. I will be doing a little reading here as forums are usually a good way to cut past marketing BS when considering a vehicle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great post! Many people have let public opinion make decisions for them prior to buying anything.

I don't understand how people can justify gas mileage on full size SUV'S or Full Size Trucks. They all are too close to call. It boils down to what you like and how it feels. Taking the newest lot of Full Size SUV'S, Ford Expidtion wins all the shootouts. Armada is dead last in the segment. In my opinion I've had the best reliability with Nissan and like you, owned more Fords than any other Brand. I love the QX80 but it's been a little higher price and maybe pick one up in the future.
I'm excited to hear you picked up a Frontier as its a truck I would buy without hesitation. I rented one back in 2016 it was fully loaded 4x4 and my wife and I loved it. The new design and new motor without question would be my pick in the Midsize class. 🍻
I do own a late model 1st gen Armada and it's missing new tech but it's the only vehicle I just don't want to give up. It's been so good to us and is such a pleasure to own regardless of fuel economy. My previous Jeep Wranglers could net beat the fuel economy of my Armada. I couldn't be luckier with my situation buying a month before Covid was recognized as a pandemic and scoring the deal I got. Thanks for sharing your story, I feel the same in many ways. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2020 Armada SL 2wd
78 Posts
Taking the newest lot of Full Size SUV'S, Ford Expidtion wins all the shootouts. Armada is dead last in the segment.
I am curious why you put the Armada as dead last in the lineup? There are some things that are less wizz bang than the others, but then there are areas that it wins. And the cost differential for me was huge! Given the $10k or more increase when looking at a same year, mileage and appointed Tahoe, Yukon...(I dont do Fords) and I was able to justify this vehicle as the clear winner in a heartbeat. The styling of the 2nd gen was unique to me as opposed to the boxy gm's and fords...etc, so I liked that it was not a dime a dozen (although since buying it, I see them much more often than I did before). I had considered the Mercedes 450 although it was a lot smaller and had nowhere near the reliability. And to get to my price affordability, I was looking at near 100k miles in them. Even worse for things falling apart...or off...etc. haha.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am curious why you put the Armada as dead last in the lineup? There are some things that are less wizz bang than the others, but then there are areas that it wins. And the cost differential for me was huge! Given the $10k or more increase when looking at a same year, mileage and appointed Tahoe, Yukon...(I dont do Fords) and I was able to justify this vehicle as the clear winner in a heartbeat. The styling of the 2nd gen was unique to me as opposed to the boxy gm's and fords...etc, so I liked that it was not a dime a dozen (although since buying it, I see them much more often than I did before). I had considered the Mercedes 450 although it was a lot smaller and had nowhere near the reliability. And to get to my price affordability, I was looking at near 100k miles in them. Even worse for things falling apart...or off...etc. haha.
In my statement, I'm simply pointing out people who review the Newer or newest Armada. For me I love it and see it as the value buy in the segment. Some do mention the price point savings in their review but their negatives always seem to hold it down or back from what's out there. If you are sold on a large SUV and want fuel Economy then Ford Expidtion is the top pick. The Sequoia claims great fuel economy with the new engine but saw a recent review its simply not hitting those numbers or close to the posted numbers it's expected to get. Tahoe/Yukon are similar to the Armada. I haven't brought up the Electric options because in my book they are not the same. I do see people often mention the Honda Pilot and it would be a great alternative to the Armada. I'm seeing Armada prices come down and not seeing so much success with other models or not yet at least. With higher interest rates the car industry will see prices fall soon enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts