Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was browsing the local classifieds and found a seller who posted a set of JBA Longtube Headers from his 08 Titan for a great price. They have slight discoloration but they look perfect. Seeing I've come across a few posts that using OEM Head gaskets is best I'm tempted to jump on these. My Armada has no issues but this would be a preventative maintenance purchase.

Is there anything I should be aware of before buying these headers? I would be adding them to my 2013 Armada 4wd.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
As long as you have plans for how to deal with the cats that will be deleted…will have to get some B pipes, catted or not up to you. Also on my '13 Armada , parts had change mid year and mine had some '14 parts. Specifically the O2 sensors that I replaced when I upgraded my exhaust...big price difference too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you have plans for how to deal with the cats that will be deleted…will have to get some B pipes, catted or not up to you. Also on my '13 Armada , parts had change mid year and mine had some '14 parts. Specifically the O2 sensors that I replaced when I upgraded my exhaust...big price difference too!
I live in a State that requires Smog but tail pipe test only. There is no visual inspection here.

When you mention 02 Sensor replacement after exhaust upgrade can you go into detail ?

My goal would be to keep costs down.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
My O2 sensors were failing anyways, so i replaced them at the same time as the exhaust. You wouldn't need to replace yours if they're not currently throwing codes on you. I'm not sure a tail pipe test would pass without getting some cats in there though. Without the right cats, I've read your going to get the check engine light. If your O2 sensors are detecting an issue, I suspect the test equipment would too. Cajun Bpipes is the only guy I know of that's producing catted b-pipes for us, not to say an exhaust shop near you couldn't fabricate some. One of the most expensive parts of the job was the install. Do it yourself if you can, but it sounds like a tough job. I had a hard time finding anyone who would even touch the headers on the Armada. The guy I found was good, but buy the end of the job he said he probably wouldn't do an Armada again! Also to help keep costs down, if you do buy parts like new O2 sensors, online of course was cheaper but while shopping around, have someone ( a dealer perhaps) run your VIN to verify which parts you need. In my case, the 2013 O2 sensors were much cheaper than the 2014 I had to get. The connector plugs are different, so there's no getting around it that I know. I knew the job would be expensive, so I intentionaly saved up for a while until I could get it done. My Armada is paid for and I plan on keeping it for a while so it was worth it...especially the smile I get every time I hear it fire up!

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Call Jeff at Cajun B-pipes. He can take care of the cat issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Is there anything I should be aware of before buying these headers? I would be adding them to my 2013 Armada 4wd.
You'll also need to get an UpRev tune, otherwise it is going to run lean and eventually burn out the cats if you get catted B-Pipes. So, add in another $550 or so for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts