Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Can you use this to mirror your phone display using the rca input in the center console?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Platinum. I guess I was surprised they still use RCA jacks and not native HDMI. More surprised if that is still the case on a 2017. Either way, I'm glad to hear you have experience with that unit, and I will be purchasing one as well. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
the screens are so small in the car that VGA resolution is good enough. the screens are not 4K. you won't notice major improvement with hdmi with the factory screens. that said, newer models do have hdmi in the headrest monitors, from what I have gathered...

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure about mirroring, but you could attach a $25 chromecast to it and cast certain apps, such as google maps and video.

The converter and firetv stick/chromecast are all usb powered. So, you can put this in the center console and completely out of site.

If you bypass the parking brake/video feature, you could display google maps on the main view screen while driving.

Not having the hdmi inputs is something that should be modified, but it's an easy workaround and allows older AV equipment to be used.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some other general tips:

The converter converts to 1080p or 480i or 576i (PAL), but you obviously aren't getting that resolution on your screens. Set your Hulu and other apps to lower resolutions and it will be snappier and use less data.
I bought a short, 1' RCA video cable.
I tested the firestick, Raspberry Pi and Roku. I leave the old Roku attached and in the console all the time. It's an older model, but has no problem playing Hulu, Netflix, Espn, ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts