Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take my vacation in mid April to my original home state of Utah!!! Spending most of my time in American Fork canyon where I spent many many days motorcycling, camping hiking etc. Not done a lot of 4wd there but I will this time! Hopefully there will still be some snow left for adventures.
Will be replacing all the fluids, belts hoses etc. Might get new tires and Bilstein 5100 on the 2" setting. Don't especially need tires right now, but this is a good justification for it.
I have GoPros; and phone cameras so plan on taking lotsa Armada footage!
Hoo-ray!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
As I'm sure you know, AFC doesn't usually open to vehicle traffic until Memorial Day. This year may be different if the winter continues to be mild, but mid-April would be quite early still. Check with Pleasant Grove Ranger District before you head out just to check. Also, AFC is chaos these days. Completely overrun with UTV's. Thousands of people on the trails every weekend even at the higher elevations on the 085.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, last time I was there I had an f150 4wd in October, it was a madhouse. Hardly any traffic to Silver Lake Flats, General conference time and everyone was doing the alpine loop. Crazy! I remember when you could go up the canyon drive a mile off the main road and not see another person the whole day. Sad...

·
Registered
46 Posts
When the population of northern Utah increases 10% in five years, sadly the quite places were bound to disappear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts