Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive searched for a couple of hours to no end.

Does anybody know what led will replace the OEM light that is is the flip down visor mirror? Also known as a ''Vanity Light''.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh man. Do I have the collective knowledge and wisdom of this forum stumped? I am still searching and will post back here if/when I find something out regarding this. I would sure love for the vanity lights to match the rest of the lights in my armada.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the shot, but I tried those. They are too large by a good bit. And they were so much larger that even when I did manage to attach both ends, it blew a fuse. I guess I should have mentioned that in the beginning. My apologies.

Thanks again for the attempt at helping. Its appreciated.

I will post back when I figure it out. Im surprised nobody knows this considering how many folks have swapped their interior lights. I guess everyone just refuses to open their mirrors. Haha. I know it makes me crazy seeing the difference between the new and the old now.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bumping this. Im getting nowhere in my research. I guess everybody that swapped their interior lights left the vanity lights old and yellow. Its definitely driving me crazy.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Here you go. I used this one and it works perfect. IJDMTOY 3-SMG 29mm 3314f LED. From amazon

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here you go. I used this one and it works perfect. IJDMTOY 3-SMG 29mm 3314f LED. From amazon
Thank you sir. Im searching that and getting nothing on amazon or even just as a web search. Could you post a link to what you used?

I appreciate the help!

CEJ

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
In amazon search IJDM toy vanity. I had a typo it's SMD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In amazon search IJDM toy vanity. I had a typo it's SMD
Strange. The only thing pulling up for me is the 6614 model that I tried already. They were too large.

Thanks for trying to help. I appreciate it.

CEJ

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
vleds.com they have a bulb search index.

there is also a large thread on this in the interior subforum that lists the bulbs to leds... i did all when i had my armada...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vleds.com they have a bulb search index.

there is also a large thread on this in the interior subforum that lists the bulbs to leds... i did all when i had my armada...
Yes, I read everything I could find here on the forum and found nothing regarding the vanity light. Thats what led me to post up. I also tried vleds.com. I searched the entire site and came up with nothing. I really have searched endlessly to try and figure it out. You definitely would think it was a simple situation right up until you actually go to find and buy one. The only thing that has popped up as a replacement unfortunately didn't fit at all. Much too large. Even if I modded the space to accommodate the led, it would blow a fuse. I know this because when it made contact as I tried to fit it in the housing, it blew a fuse.

Thanks for the thought though. I do appreciate it. At some point I'm sure that this dialogue will lead to an answer. :)

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its also highly possible that I just missed the thread you are referring to. If you would be so kind as to add a link so that I could access the information, that would be fantastic.

Thanks so much. I appreciate the help!

CEJ

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here's an appetizer thread you can smoke over:

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32617

in this thread, first post has bulb descriptions that can help. note the OP is no longer selling any kits...

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16254

aaaaaaand here's the thread i am referring to.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13064&highlight=2008+vleds
Yes! Thank you. I will read up on these in the AM. Well, later in the AM. I really appreciate this. Hopefully Ill find an answer.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
here's an appetizer thread you can smoke over:

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32617

in this thread, first post has bulb descriptions that can help. note the OP is no longer selling any kits...

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16254

aaaaaaand here's the thread i am referring to.

http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13064&highlight=2008+vleds

Yeah, looking over these for the second time reminded me why I posted the question in the first place. There is literally zero references to the vanity lights with one exception. About 7 years ago you posted that you would be ordering the vanity lights to complete the set. Im guessing you were referring to vled.com because thats what you posted that you had used in the previous posts. I rechecked vled.com again and there is no option for a vanity light whatsoever.

Must have been a lucky break for you that the lights were offered at the time, and now they are not available anymore.

Thanks so much for trying to help me out regardless of the outcome.

CEJ

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well unless otherwise proven, Im going to say that anyone checking on this thread in the hopes of replacing their vanity light with an led is simply out of luck. If it will bother you to have two lights that don't match the rest of your interior, I would stick to stock lighting.

Cheers

CEJ

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
i know i can help you bro... hang in there..:)

just so i am clear, you mean the sun visor one yeah?

and what model is your car? i will help you here...

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i know i can help you bro... hang in there..:)

just so i am clear, you mean the sun visor one yeah?

and what model is your car? i will help you here...

Yes sir, the sun visor one.

My Armada is a 2013.

And thanks for the help. This has been crazy. I dont think I've ever searched so hard for such a random little part in my life. I actually went into multiple different led light sights and searched through every single festoon style led they had. And still didn't see anything that was usable.

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts