Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my passenger front wheel bearing yesterday all was well until maybe 20 miles in just the VDC and slip lights came on. My brake pads are only maybe 3-4 months old.

·
Super Moderator
5,696 Posts
those are generic nanny lamps. could be low fluid or a loose connection somewhere. retrace your steps and verify connections and such are tight. check fluid levels.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Since this recently happened after replacing that specific wheel hub assembly, check the connectors for the sensor. Without having to remove the entire assembly, you can always remove the new sensor and install the original one and see if it eliminates the current ABS DTCs.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I forgot to respond yesterday it’s just the steering angle due to the outer tie rods installed the same time.

Speaking of the lights the slip does the Armada have the abs limited slip?

Ugh looks like I gotta buy a higher end scan tool to reset the warning I’m going to have to do some research on it. I use carista for my iPhone but it won’t work for that but I can see the C1143 code.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Thanks for the update.
A full range scan tool would be able to reset that DTC. I used my Autel MP to reset the ST ANG SEN after replacing the clockspring on my QX80 earlier this year.

Reactions: Mikecl

·
Registered
7 Posts
--- tie rods installed the same time.---
Yes - steering angle sensor should be reset after such kind of replacement (installation). And after alignment as well.
Nissan has special "bill" regarding this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another update was the code went off on its own after it sees the wheel is within range.

good for others to know

·
Registered
2 Posts
--- tie rods installed the same time.---
Yes - steering angle sensor should be reset after such kind of replacement (installation). And after alignment as well.
Do you know how much that costs or if it's something a regular driveway grease monkey can DIY? These lights have been FFE in my car.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts