Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very important to spend some time tightening screws, nuts, and bolts on your mada. After a long trip from California to Miami I decided to check everything possible on the truck. During my trip I ran into two minor problems the usual tire pressure and check engine sensors which turned out to be sensitive sensors. My main problem was the driver side rearview mirror vibrating out of control on high speed. I took it to the dealer and they gave me the usual b.s. (couldn't duplicate). Well, I came home took the cover off the inside portion of the door to check to see if everything was tight and found out that all four nuts were very loose. I went ahead and did both mirrors but if and when you decide to check this there is a cheap plastic cover glued on that you will need to replace or make one. I then checked and found out that the door hinges were loose and to make a long story short it seems that every nut that I checked were loose. I don't know if the robots at the factory were not torqued right or the fool that did it manually was on drugs or what. I just read a post about a driver door slapping now to me it makes sense that the hinges could be loose. Just thought I'd let you know my experience. This truck is a champ on the highway and I averaged 16.2 miles per gallon

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
It's a highway beauty for sure! I'm about to head to New Orleans (about 4 hours) and can't wait. The Armada is a dream at 80..

I've found quite a few loose bolts and whatnot on mine as well. I agree with you Alex - If you're tinkering around the house one day, hop around it and make sure everything is tight!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts