Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

A brief intro (sorry)

My 2005 LE AWD Armada is driving me nuts. I have suffered with a rough ride for quite a while. I bought brand new Yokohama's to help smooth out the ride. Right away I noticed a slight vibration at various hiway speeds so I brought them back to Town Fair Tire. The technician said the last guy did a lousy job and re-balanced them again. The vibration then moved to a different speed. I then installed Bilstein shocks hoping it would help. Nope - made the vibration even worse (yet reduced bump steer and speed bump screeches). I then paid the dealer $90 to road force balance the wheels. That seemed real good at first but I then started noticing vibrations at 75MPH. So 65-70MPH ok, 75 bad, 80+ ok too. UGHH!

I just took a 2400 mile road trip and had to modulate my speed to prevent the vibrating. I could either go 70 or 80. Very tough to do thru NC, VA and NY.

Anyway - this weekend I was driving to NH and noticed that if I put my 4WD selector in AUTO rather than 2WD (which is where I normally keep it during the Summer) almost all the vibration went away between 65-80mph. This makes no sense to me. I assume this means the problem is not with the wheels and tires but rather a driveline component? Another thread mentioned a propellor shaft - and another possible a hub bearing.

My dealer checked out my entire vehicle when I had the road force balance and said my bearings were fine. Please help. Such a great vehicle with one large nagging issue.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Are the wheels hubcentric?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK - I had to refresh my memory on what that term meant.

All I know is that the wheels were purchased from the dealer and came off a demo model. I have never seen a hubcentrc ring, per se. I assume with 6 lug nuts that the wheel is centered on the hub. If the wheels are not mounted properly I can see why that would be an issue. Although - I don't see how placing the car into AWD will fix that? Still curious....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same issue with my new wheels, at 60 to 65mph steering wheel vibrates, I have 22in rims..any help would be appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts