Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
There is a group buy on the Volant over at our sister site, ClubTitan. The source is one of the site sponsers. Go over there and have a look. The sponsers make these forums possible, so we should support them.
http://www.clubtitan.org/postt4599.html

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
There is also a dyno section at Club Titan from members there that have done before and after. It give you pretty much what Volant claims. Also try to support site sponsors so we can all continue to enjoy the forums and keep the bills paid. there is the begining of a Volant Gen. 3 (Alum. Lid) over at CT for $242... It's been re-worked again to continue to eliminate some of the installation fitting issues.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
And if you want to get technical...you already have a cold air intake. But it's pretty restrictive with it's air flow. You can modify your intake box and place a high flow filter in it and it will give you probably half of what the Volant will do for around $40 bucks. I bet you get 10 HP out of it. But no I don't have a dyno to back my claim....but ask....even your site admin M4ck has done it.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Rossi said:
....You can modify your intake box ....
Modify how? Any posts on CT on that? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Yes there is. M4ck has a full pic by pic diagram on what he did. I did it and it seems to have more throttle response...and it sounds different too when you get on it. But I only did mine a couple days ago....hell...I have pics.

If you look at your air filter...you'll see that only one little part is dirty...that's really the only area stock that it's pulling from. This mod allows air to pull from a widder area through the filer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
So you just cut the top 2/3 off the pipe?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Pretty much...but that has jsut changed...that pipe coms out....I now cut it off flush with the box. It breathes much better now and looks professional. We have asked a Nissan Tech over at CT about it and he said it can not void the waranty. However a oiled filter can.

Again...look at your filter..I bet it's only dirty in one spot...cause that is the only place it is breathing. This should help that. I'll have to look and see if there are any dynos...

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Hey Rossi, you're right about the warranty deal. Oiled air filters can suck some of that oil right on to the MAF and that is bad news. Stalling and backfiring happens.

My air filter only was dark in one spot. I was wondering about that. Does it sound any different?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
The Volant filter element is oiled, correct? Also, how often should that filter be replaced.

I'd rather just replace the filter, rather than clean and recharge... I don't trust my skill to apply the oil.

Has anyone replace the Volant filter? If so, how much do they cost?

Sorry for all the questions.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
It does sound a little different...more throaty. Only on hard acceleration. No change at normal driving...but if you get on it...it's definietly a different throaty louder sound.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Gota do this over the weekend. Don't get under the hood much. Anything I should be aware of??

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Rossi said:
Yes there is. M4ck has a full pic by pic diagram on what he did. I did it and it seems to have more throttle response...and it sounds different too when you get on it. But I only did mine a couple days ago....hell...I have pics.

If you look at your air filter...you'll see that only one little part is dirty...that's really the only area stock that it's pulling from. This mod allows air to pull from a widder area through the filer.
Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
AZARMADA said:
Gota do this over the weekend. Don't get under the hood much. Anything I should be aware of??

Just be careful with the MAF........

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
cool, thanks. I will check out the pics before i start

1 - 17 of 17 Posts