Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
89 Posts
With all due respect, I have the same Gibson/Volant setup and started a similar thread a few weeks back having the same comparisoin with rpm/speed. I do agree with you to a certain point, but if the beast has more torque (read: can cruise at a given speed with less effort) then the torque converter can engage at a lower rpm and thus lower your rpm for a given speed. Someone more in the know about Armada's than I, brought that up in my thread...may have been SCR, I forget. Although, oddly enough, it only seems to be signicant at speeds < 55 mph, IMHO. Mine runs 1200/1300 rpm at 45 mph.

FL_Crushin said:
The speed at RPM has nothing to do with horsepower. It is simply a formula of RPM times your gear ratio. The more power you have just means getting there faster and possibly a smigin better mileage at speed. Just cause the engine is breathing better, doesn't mean that you are going to go any faster at any given RPM.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Not polite to brag!!!! :urock:

*Jealous of you* As everytime I get pulled over, thankfully RARELY, but they care not that I am a healthcare provider and just get their inkpen writing almost immediately. LOL

Happy New Year to everyone by the way!

ST

STOCKMADA92101 said:
It is a good thing I have diplomatic immunity or a would get a ticket every week--I have roughly a 95% chance of getting out of a ticket.

· Premium Member
89 Posts
Isn't that what the computer does over time (200 or so miles) or if you reset the ECU? I was under the impression that it relearned the NEW a/f mixture and this is why performance actually gets better 50-200 miles after the install. With the Armada being fuel injected and computer savy, find it hard to believe it would run lean at WOT.

Just a thought...

ST

Jack B said:
Stockmada:
what you need now is engine management to get the a/f correct, you are going to be running a lot leaner than oem and that is not corrected during wot, the lean condition will be exacerbated during cold weather. Personnally I would get it dynoed and find out what the a/f is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.