Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keeps killing battery on my 06 LE. New battery, new alternator, I have don't have sensor on negative battery cable to bypass. Did relay checks.. what am I missing. Any suggestions? Thank you

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any corrosion on the wires?

What's the charging voltage, and resting voltage all off and in the on position?

This one doesnt have the alternator shunt on the negative cable correct?

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
what do you mean you don't have the sensor on the negative battery cable to bypass ? :)

you the only owner?
just bought it?
has this always happen or did it just started recently?

things to check

battery cables for corrosion
Ground straps
BCM could be faulty and not shutting the car down properly
any electrical mods done to the car? if so this could be a rabbit hole...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. Some armadas have a sensor on negative battery cable to send voltage to computer. I understand from this forum from a link that they were sliding the sensor down wrapping it in tin foil then replacing it to trick computer.i just purchased truck and it happened a week later. I haven't checked BCM yet. Good call. Then was thinking about a parasitic drain. Radio etc.. and just realized about the tv's. There are in headrest which is not stock I believe? That could be a constant drain? Maybe?

Any corrosion on the wires?

What's the charging voltage, and resting voltage all off and in the on position?

This one doesnt have the alternator shunt on the negative cable correct?
Thanks for your response.. no sensor on negative battery cable.. no corrosion. New neg cable, new battery fuse,new cable ends. Could it be a parasitic drain like from radio or tv's? Should I check each fuse for voltage with car off door shut? Thanks my friend

·
Super Moderator
5,221 Posts
ok the negative sensor .. i gotchu. I was confused. not having that on the car can also cause an issue so keep that in your back pocket for now.

if anything electrical is not stock, then those are potential issues. the screens should not be able to turn on if the ignition is OFF so that's an easy test.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the same issue with my 2019 nissan armada, they didn't believe me just got a new battery in Jan 2020 and had to get 3 jumps this week they have had it since Thursday now they sew, they have to constantly jump start it the battery tested good so did the alternator. They still have it, waiting on some more test to come back

·
Registered
34 Posts
Keeps killing battery on my 06 LE. New battery, new alternator, I have don't have sensor on negative battery cable to bypass. Did relay checks.. what am I missing. Any suggestions? Thank you
I suggest you read previous subjects on this topic. I have replyed to several of these dead battery issues to diagnose the rate of charge and the residual battery voltage. Also Marchtronixx has posted some modifications to the charging system, I suggest you read his posts also. I'm big on good diagnostics so you can most effectively understand the problem and then select and apply solutions, others like to make changes and observe the effects so select your work style and good luck. Unfortunately, the obvious of expecting the dealer to fix it is not effective

I suggest you read previous subjects on this topic. I have replyed to several of these dead battery issues to diagnose the rate of charge and the residual battery voltage. Also Marchtronixx has posted some modifications to the charging system, I suggest you read his posts also. I'm big on good diagnostics so you can most effectively understand the problem and then select and apply solutions, others like to make changes and observe the effects so select your work style and good luck. Unfortunately, the obvious of expecting the dealer to fix it is not effective
Good point about also determining residual current draw, since that current is usually small after you stop the vehicle disconnect the neg battery terminal install an ampmeter and watch what the draw is for 30 minutes. Sometimes the draw varies with time, but after 1 hour if it isn't near zero, start pulling fuses 1 at a time to determine the circuit that has the draw. This will determine if the problem is draining the battery or as in the above procedure the battery not getting a full charge

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue with my 2019 nissan armada, they didn't believe me just got a new battery in Jan 2020 and had to get 3 jumps this week they have had it since Thursday now they sew, they have to constantly jump start it the battery tested good so did the alternator. They still have it, waiting on some more test to come back
Your issue sounds like a bad Bluetooth module that continues to search for devices as the car is turned off. Try disconnecting it for a few days and see if that solves your problem.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Had the same problem on mine. Dealer had to order a replacement ECM and a new battery, which solved the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nissan just released(March 2020) an ECM reprogramming upgrade/recall this month to address the battery drain issue. Apparently a lot of electrical systems would stay on after the vehicle shut off. I don’t know the scope of the reprogramming but you could ask your dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts