Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
undefinedundefinedundefinedI want to wax MEARMADA tomorrow and I was wondering if I should go buy an orbital buffer? Will that leave swirls if i use an electric buffer? I want my Armada to look good and its time to put a coat of wax on but I hate doing the WAX ON, WAX OFF routine. Any suggestions or concerns from anyone?

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
If you want to use an electronic machine, I would highly recommend getting the Porter Cable Random Orbital buffer. This machine won't let you burn the clear coat if you apply too much pressure by stopping the rotation of the pad. I have it and love it. Go to www.detailcity.com to learn more about that. Usually you only apply the wax by machine, and remove by hand with a quality microfiber towel. The biggest advantage of a PC is the effectivety of the use of polish on it. Polish comes in different abrasives and can take many, if not all, fine scratches in the clear coat; the spider web effect. Let me know if you want some more info and I'll post some. I have to go teach some more...be back later to check...

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TooTall said:
If you want to use an electronic machine, I would highly recommend getting the Porter Cable Random Orbital buffer. This machine won't let you burn the clear coat if you apply too much pressure by stopping the rotation of the pad. I have it and love it. Go to www.detailcity.com to learn more about that. Usually you only apply the wax by machine, and remove by hand with a quality microfiber towel. The biggest advantage of a PC is the effectivety of the use of polish on it. Polish comes in different abrasives and can take many, if not all, fine scratches in the clear coat; the spider web effect. Let me know if you want some more info and I'll post some. I have to go teach some more...be back later to check...
Thanks TT I'll check it out. BTW are you a life long resident of LV? I went to HIgh School there was just wondering. Thanks again. :itsfriday

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I'm in the Air Force and stationed at Nellis here. What HS did you go to? I live right across from Las Vegas High School.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TooTall said:
I'm in the Air Force and stationed at Nellis here. What HS did you go to? I live right across from Las Vegas High School.
I drove by my old high school last April when I was there it was Rancho High. Boy have things changed in that town since 1967-68! Ever go north to the devils hole area? Check it out on the map, it's over the mountains going towards death valley.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
If you use a random, make sure you turn it on while touching the car or it will spin and scratch. I do mine by hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts