Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealers today getting the back of my 3rd row seat replaced because of slack that has developed in it when I was asked by the Service Advisor if I waxed my Armada yet. I advised not yet and I asked when do you recommend waxing. He advised that I should not wax it at all because each time you wax you wear the clear coat down. I do agree with the clear coat wearing down depending on the type of wax you use but I do not agree with never waxing. What does everyone think of this?

Thanks,
05mada

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Thats only if you use a polish, or a wax with an abrasive in it. There are plenty of waxes out there that have no abraisives.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Waxing

I agree . I like to use McGuires Classic. I have used it for several for several years now. I also use the Turtle Wax Zip Wax in between waxings. But I do believe I will wax it in the future.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Wear down the clear coat? That's ridiculous unless you are using a harsh compound every time. I use Zaino Z2 and Z5 on my smoke LE and it looks awesome. At the moment, I have about 5 coats on it. I also have about 10 coats of Z2 on my 05 G35. Zaino is awesome stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Worst advice I ever heard. If you build up and maintain a good coat of wax, you will never even touch the clear coat. I'd wax it 2-3 times the first time then do an additional coat every few weeks or so depending on where you are. Warmer, more sun, more waxing. Cooler and clouds, less. Wash without soap if you aren't going to wax after and make sure water beads on the car and you'll be fine. Wax is a clear coat suit of armor. Without the wax, the car is naked and vulnerable. Clear coat polish and compound is what will wear out clear coat over time. Use a good quality carnuba wax. No Nu-Finish or 2000 crap. Meguires, Mothers, Zaino, etc are good brands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts