Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals)!

So, I was just wondering what this antenna does that in front of my rear view mirror?? It's been bugging me ever since I bought this thing on the 17th.

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
what year is your car?

did you buy it used ? if so was it private party or dealer?

if the former, can you as the previous owner? that looks comeetey aftermarket.

may help if you can attach a different angle photo.

do you have any mods on the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 2010, bought it used at a dealer. No mods that I've put on... Truck appears to be bone stock except for that weird antenna

Here's another angle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it like that... Came with no remotes, no fobs, just 2 mechanical keys (1 that went to an i-key fob and 1 standard Nissan key). I had to buy an i-key and get it programmed

But... if it's for remote start, I'll have that shit yanked out!!! I have no need for it hahaha

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
yeah it looks like a security alarm or remote starter.

look under the dash and see if you see some modules under there. also look in the engine room and see if there are any wiring or fuses connected to the battery.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks exactly like the remote start on my wives Mitsubishi. Try pushing the lock button on your remote three times, and see if the truck starts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^^^
I'd bet it is a remote start system...maybe there is another fob that goes with it??? My wife's car that has an antenna like that, has a separate fob for remote start...My QX56 has remote start that turns on when you click the lock button 3 times about 1 second apart each time, but it doesn't have an antenna like that.

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
Looks exactly like the remote start on my wives Mitsubishi. Try pushing the lock button on your remote three times, and see if the truck starts.
Came with no remotes, no fobs, just 2 mechanical keys

op stated he/she had no fobs. this is why i asked them to look under the hood and snap a photo or at least look around to see if there are any modifications or wiring that is not factory.

op,

here is a random photo of such an antenna.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts