Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having a weird issue with the power windows in our 08 Armada. I'm wondering if it's the main controller on the Drivers door, anyway here's a list of whats going on with each window

Drivers Window - No problems at all
Passenger Window - Will not go up or Down with either switch, I though it could have been the regulator/motor until I noticed the sudden problems with the rear windows.
Drivers Side Rear - Will go Down ONLY from the rear door switch but will go Up from either switch, however if using the Drivers main panel the window goes up real slow and sometimes stalls.
Pass Side Rear Window - Will go Down from either switch but ONLY go Up from the rear door switch.

I can't imagine it all being coincidental and all 3 regulators need replacing, so I'm wondering if it's all tied together with the main control panel on the drivers door? I also don't want to just go start throwing money at it in hopes of a fix, anything special I can test for or check to be 100% before buying a non-returnable part?

Jimmy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you by any chance replace the battery before this happened? The Titan uses the same electronics, and if the controller happens to "forget" what the window position is, they won't operate properly.

Try resetting the memory for the window controller like this: Assuming the windows are in the UP position, hold the door button (not the master) in the UP direction for at least 5 seconds. You'll hear a very soft 'click' as it memorizes UP. The window should now roll down, but you're not done yet. Once the window goes all the way down, hold the button in the DOWN direction, again for at least 5 seconds. Again, you'll hear a very soft 'click' as it memorizes DOWN. The buttons should now work correctly.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We're having a weird issue with the power windows in our 08 Armada. I'm wondering if it's the main controller on the Drivers door, anyway here's a list of whats going on with each window

Drivers Window - No problems at all
Passenger Window - Will not go up or Down with either switch, I though it could have been the regulator/motor until I noticed the sudden problems with the rear windows.
Drivers Side Rear - Will go Down ONLY from the rear door switch but will go Up from either switch, however if using the Drivers main panel the window goes up real slow and sometimes stalls.
Pass Side Rear Window - Will go Down from either switch but ONLY go Up from the rear door switch.

I can't imagine it all being coincidental and all 3 regulators need replacing, so I'm wondering if it's all tied together with the main control panel on the drivers door? I also don't want to just go start throwing money at it in hopes of a fix, anything special I can test for or check to be 100% before buying a non-returnable part?

Jimmy
Every now and then my passenger window stops working. Probably happened four or five times to our '08 QX56 that we bought new. I took it to the dealership last year, but they could not replicate it. Please post a solution if you come across it. Every web search I ever did for these symptoms turned up nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts