Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to ask b4 but i just remembered while i was cleaning the Armada...There are some white, crusty stuff in the driver area on the floor. It's from winter i'm sure of it. Maybe from the snow and salt? Is there any way of getting rid of this by using some sort or cleaner? I used oxy clean but nothing happened. The marks look really bad and they are all over along the edges. I also tried hot water and a tooth brush, but only little of it came off. Any info. guys?

Thanks,
Hullio

· Premium Member
496 Posts
pics

hullio said:
I forgot to ask b4 but i just remembered while i was cleaning the Armada...There are some white, crusty stuff in the driver area on the floor. It's from winter i'm sure of it. Maybe from the snow and salt? Is there any way of getting rid of this by using some sort or cleaner? I used oxy clean but nothing happened. The marks look really bad and they are all over along the edges. I also tried hot water and a tooth brush, but only little of it came off. Any info. guys?

Thanks,
Hullio
Post pics so we can see what it looks like.

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
If you don't stop doing that you'll go blind. :temphot: :teeth:

· Premium Member
40 Posts
Sounds like residue from road salt. But road salt is different from table salt - it takes alot more water to dissolve it. Call your highway dept. and ask what kind they use - there are several types. They might even know a good method to remove it.

dave and xtoy - get it clean in time for next winter

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at the attachment for an example...

I'm 99% sure that this was caused by road salt, but i was thinking, will this come off by using some vingear and water? Vingear should help remove at least some of the residue?

Attachments

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
BTW, Oxyclean is just a way to make something that bleaches, like peroxide bleaches hair. I would not use this on carpet as it will linger and bleach unless you rinse.

Here's what a carpet cleaning company says about road salt:
Road Salt
Let stain dry completely and then vacuum. Treat with a mixture of one-teaspoon vinegar, one-teaspoon dish detergent, and one quart of warm water. Blot up excess liquid and place a towel with weight on top over night. Vacuum the next day.

Calcium Chloride Ice Melt, Ice Melt Salt, Snow Melting Compound (What I suspect you have)
Remedy: If the area is dry, vacuum the area thoroughly. If the area is wet, blot it dry with a clean, dry, white, absorbent towel. Next, mix a solution of 1 cup of white vinegar for every 2 cups of water used and pat into the affected area. Pat the area with lukewarm water on a white towel. Blot the area until dry with a clean, dry, white, absorbent towel.

I hope it isn't this:
Vaseline
Use liquid soap for grease and warm water. It will not stain, but this will remove any residue.

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Here's the site in case anyone else has some weird stains like:
Blood
Cheese
Gum
Miracle Grow
Mucous
Silly Putty
Vomit

And other treasures. ;)

· Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha nice thanks man :udaman:

· Premium Member
496 Posts
Forgot the link

92TripleBlack said:
Here's the site in case anyone else has some weird stains like:
Blood
Cheese
Gum
Miracle Grow
Mucous
Silly Putty
Vomit

And other treasures. ;)
Forgot the link

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.