Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hope everyone had some fun over the holiday!!! Anyway, this happened the day before Christmas, I went to toys r us to get some last minute gifts for the kids, and when i parked I saw an 05 QX parked a few stalls down from where i parked (04 QX) and same color (keep in mind, rarley do i see two of this in the same place... except at the dealer ofcourse)... spent about atleast 1/2 an hr, but as i was paying noticed the other QX had left already, and at the same time i could see that my QX's tail gate was open?!?!?! :confused: Thinking, i know i couldn't have done it myself because i used the door lock to lock it up instead of the remote... So the only conclusion i could come up with was maybe it was the other QX??? maybe on the same code/freq.(?) as mine??? anyone ever had this happen? I'm jus baffled at the situation, I'm jus glad nothing was taken from inside... Well if anyone else coluld make btter sense of what happen, I'd be glad to here it...

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
boo5o3 said:
First off, hope everyone had some fun over the holiday!!! Anyway, this happened the day before Christmas, I went to toys r us to get some last minute gifts for the kids, and when i parked I saw an 05 QX parked a few stalls down from where i parked (04 QX) and same color (keep in mind, rarley do i see two of this in the same place... except at the dealer ofcourse)... spent about atleast 1/2 an hr, but as i was paying noticed the other QX had left already, and at the same time i could see that my QX's tail gate was open?!?!?! :confused: Thinking, i know i couldn't have done it myself because i used the door lock to lock it up instead of the remote... So the only conclusion i could come up with was maybe it was the other QX??? maybe on the same code/freq.(?) as mine??? anyone ever had this happen? I'm jus baffled at the situation, I'm jus glad nothing was taken from inside... Well if anyone else coluld make btter sense of what happen, I'd be glad to here it...
That's got to be a one million freak occurance. Let us know if that happens again since both the Armada and the QX could be suseptable to this.

P.S. Still love dem rims!!!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ftnssn said:
More like you jostled it in your pocket and pushed the button. There are innumerably more frequencies then there are QXs
i would agree to that except that i didn't put them in my pocket until i got into the store... but i forgot to mention that when i did see it opened, i was able to close it from the register, but it took a good 5 sec. to do it... i'd say it was good 40 yards away...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I would bet somehow your button got pushed in your pocket....I have several times set off my panic button with them in my pocket. There can't possibly be two QX/Armadas with the same codes, or at least there shouldn't be.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Well the same thing happened to me in my Armada but in reverse. I came out of the store and (bear in mind there were not even two Armadas in my area, let alone two the exact same one-of-a-kind color!). So I came out of the store and walked up to it pushing the tailgate button but it wouldn't open. Usually I can open it from the other side of town! I kept pushing the button and the closer I got the more I pushed it. So finally I gave up and decided to use the key to unlock the door, but surprise! It wouldn't unlock the door. In frustration I kept pushing the buttons as I looked in the window. Oops! This one had dark interior and mine has the sand interior and I looked to my right and one aisle over was my Armada with the tailgate going up and down and up and down waving at me! I was so embarrassed, but it sure didn't work the other Armada!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
leigh said:
Well the same thing happened to me in my Armada but in reverse. I came out of the store and (bear in mind there were not even two Armadas in my area, let alone two the exact same one-of-a-kind color!). So I came out of the store and walked up to it pushing the tailgate button but it wouldn't open. Usually I can open it from the other side of town! I kept pushing the button and the closer I got the more I pushed it. So finally I gave up and decided to use the key to unlock the door, but surprise! It wouldn't unlock the door. In frustration I kept pushing the buttons as I looked in the window. Oops! This one had dark interior and mine has the sand interior and I looked to my right and one aisle over was my Armada with the tailgate going up and down and up and down waving at me! I was so embarrassed, but it sure didn't work the other Armada!
haha.. similar thing happen to me before.. came from a store and say my car with a big dent on the bumber that looks like someone back into it. then hell broke loose, started cussing, yelling, etc.. then tried to disarm and wont do anything. so now i'm really pissed off. then i realize it wasnt my car cuz of the plate is not mine. then found my car is 2 cars next to it.. then got out there as fast as i can.. :airhead:

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
20 years ago, we used to run into this occasionally with alarms. There was something like 10000 codes. Same thing with garage door openers. Now there are literally billions. Shouldn't be a repeat. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.