Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran a Ranier, which has the 5.3 Vortech.

The track temp was around 100 degrees, and the wind was blowing south, on a north facing strip, at around 15+ mph, so I wasn't expecting much.

I didn't really do much with the launch and could easily shave some time off in the heat, but I was there to run the Z, not the Armada, so I made one pass.

The Armada ran a 15.4 to the Ranier's 16.4.

I fully expect to run a high 14 when the weather cools off, especially since the conditions were so bad.

In car from the Ranier. I will get my video from the outside going soon.

Right Click, Save As.

SUV shootout

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
VeeTec said:

The track temp was around 100 degrees, and the wind was blowing south, on a north facing strip, at around 15+ mph, so I wasn't expecting much.

I didn't really do much with the launch and could easily shave some time off in the heat, but I was there to run the Z, not the Armada, so I made one pass.

I fully expect to run a high 14 when the weather cools off, especially since the conditions were so bad.

I will post the video in a bit.

cant wait to see it.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
drcookie said:
Cool video !!! But the Ranier did not seem to launch that hard. Correct me if I am wrong. :)
i was thinking the same thing lol

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
My Armada has Quite a few laps at Mid Ohio, and some at Watkins Glen. It's my Tow vehicle, but we do slow speed demo laps for students at Driver Ed events. My old Expedition had quite a few track laps after 7 years!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
VeeTec said:

Right Click, Save As.

SUV shootout
:awesome: thanks Vtech

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drcookie said:
Cool video !!! But the Ranier did not seem to launch that hard. Correct me if I am wrong. :)
He gave it all it had. It just doesn't launch as hard as the Armada.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Rainier, ha, they should have called it a St. Helens! :D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
drcookie said:
GM uses Torque Management. I had a Tahoe with the 5.3 it felt like a small 6 cylinder on take off. It would absolutly not spin the tires, even on wet pavement. They use TM to reduce stress on the "undersized-to-cut-cost-drivetrain".

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
VeeTec said:

Right Click, Save As.

SUV shootout

Drag racing SUV's?

Is the average age on this site like 20?

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Didn't expect anything different. No Full Size stock SUV can run with the Armada. Smaller ones like the Land Rover SC or Porsche Cayenne will kick its tail, but not the full size ones. ;)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Question: Where you guys using 4x4? or 4x2? Cause if that Rainer was godforbid 4x4 that would be the probable cause for the slow start.

Remember guys: When racing any AWD car or 4x4 you can't just jump the gun and push full throttle. I seen a Lambo Merc try to do a full throttle off the line, and he blew out his Tranny and totally smoothed out his gearbox.

But DAMN. :chainsaw: MADA WINS!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wwjdwithca said:
Drag racing SUV's?

Is the average age on this site like 20?
I guess the R&T, C&D and Motor Trend staff must all be around 20 too.

Why else would they do the 1/4 test with an Armada, and every other SUV they test.

It's a capable SUV, and I had fun racing my friend, who owns a GTO, which he normally races. It was the race of the tow vehicles. I race my Z at the track fairly frequently.

As far as age goes, I am probably older than you, judging from your sarcasm and, "like", use of grammar.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
But I don't see lower temps making the Raindeer beat an Armada. It would also benefit from the lower temps. And you probably won't shed a second and a half off from temps. Maybe a few tenths. ;)

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
15.4 is the same as the 07' Escalade :eek:. you could probably pull a 15 flat in cooler weather.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Qx_indulgence said:
15.4 is the same as the 07' Escalade :eek:. you could probably pull a 15 flat in cooler weather.

I ran a 14.9 later. This thread is old.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts