Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after a lot of debating and months of trying to make my decision....it looks like I'm finally ready to sell the Armada. It has been great, and I love this car to death...but at this point in my life I don't think I need it anymore.

I'm 28, no kids, and with work and other activities....I don't have time to go camping and snowboarding and towing jet ski's etc (main reason I got the SUV) so honestly I'm fooling myself by thinking I "NEED" this truck. So starting this weekend I'm gonna clean her up, take some pics and post her for sale. Right after I go to Nissan and cash out the remainder my extended warranty. :)

So who else has recently sold their Armada, and what do you all think is a fair price to post it for. And is it better to keep the extended warranty and just sell the car for more money? Any thoughts, comments, and even a reassurance that I'm doing the right thing will help! lol :D

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ggeorgie said:
I would think, if you keep the warranty, it would be more appealing for buyers.., just a thought:cool:
Yeah, it may be a lot better selling point since I did get the platinum everything is covered up to 80k miles. So I'm sure I can post it for a grand or two higher, and then tell them they can always choose to buy the car for cheaper and I cash in my warranty. :D

As for my next car...looks like I'm going to be going for a M35, M45, IS350, or maybe the new G35 coupe once it's released. W0o knows, so many choices!! :crikey:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
What year is yours Puma?

The best deal I could get on a trade for my '04 with 38k miles was 22g. Not too bad.

The extended warranty will only help you if you're going to sell it. Also, I tried to sell mine for months, but I'm fairly certain it would have sold if I had had leather. Every call asked about cloth vs. leather. Finally I just said puck it and traded her in.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
You will miss the beast until you are able to pass the gas station a few more times before stopping. I am still missing having mine after a week, but I got almost 500 miles on my first tank in the altima so that certainly helped soften the blow. Sometimes we have to make changes to better suit our needs in life. No one should be able to question that decision.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Absolutely, cfranzen. (Un)fortuneately I need mine for work so I'll still have to keep getting ripped at the pump (although Iam contemplating adding a fuel surcharge to my invoices).

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
adjmcloon said:
What year is yours Puma?

The best deal I could get on a trade for my '04 with 38k miles was 22g. Not too bad.

The extended warranty will only help you if you're going to sell it. Also, I tried to sell mine for months, but I'm fairly certain it would have sold if I had had leather. Every call asked about cloth vs. leather. Finally I just said puck it and traded her in.
Sup bro, I just saw that you sold yours too. I hope your happy with your new SUV. I remember how much drama you had with your car and surprised you kept it as long as you did.

Mine is an 04 LE loaded (build date 5/04), leather yada yada yada. I only have 14k miles and I have babied the damn thing with synthetic oil, polish, wax invisible bra...flawless in and out. Plus it has the platimun bumper to bumper full coverage for 7 years and 80k miles or something. Looking at what others are selling their Armadas for around here, I'm gonna try to get at least 30-33 for it. They just sold a 2WD 04 with 33k miles for 31k, so mine should be a way better deal then that. I'll just put it on the market and see what happens.

I know I'll miss her at times, but when I'm in my new luxury sport coupe or sedan.....I'm sure that will help me get over her. :D

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW, the first person to come look at my truck ended up buying it. And that was within the first week of posting my car for sale. I guess being really anal about cars and keeping them spotless in and out pays off in the end.

I'm happy that it sold quick, gives me less time to think about if I'm making the right choice or not. Anyway, it was sad cleaning her out and handing over the keys, but maybe my new luxury car will help take my mind off of it.

Good luck to you all, and I'm glad to have ran into so many friendly helpful people on this forum. I'll try to visit these boards every once in awhile to look at what's new with the Armada. And maybe post a pic of my new ride, whatever it ends up being.

See ya! :D

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Congrats!

Man, I should have tried to sell mine in your area. Mine was spotless too, but I couldn't sell that thing at all. I had it in the autotrader and a bunch of other spots for almost a year and never did sell it.

Let us know what you end up with.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
how much did you get for it? I was looking at Kelly Blue book the other day and it looked like retail is around 33k. Mine is identical to yours for the most part. I have about 7000 more miles though....

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
llajumpvid said:
how much did you get for it? I was looking at Kelly Blue book the other day and it looked like retail is around 33k. Mine is identical to yours for the most part. I have about 7000 more miles though....

I sold it for close to 32k, which is exactly around KBB for my year, condition and being Private Party. It was sad seeing someone else drive off with her, but it was a good decision at this time. Plus it was only posted on Craigslist for less then a week, not even autotrader or any big time websites.

What's sad is the week before I placed it for sale, Lexus told me they probably wouldn't be able to give me more then 22k-24k TOPS as a trade in. They said no offense, but we just can't sell big SUV V8's right now...especially with the price of gas.

With the money I got from the Armada, I paid of the remainder of the loan, just ordered a new DART fully built race block for my mustang, about to pick up a little 99-00 civic HB for commuting and saving gas....and I still have money left over to put down towards my new sport luxury car. Although I'll probably just be smart this time and lease a luxury car. Who the hell wants a 3 year old luxury car, I'm better off just swapping them out every 2-3 years! :D

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Congrats on the deal. I'll have to stick it out due to the gas/resale values. Hopefully they'll have a diesel engine for us in a couple of years. I can get by right now since I only drive about 20 miles a day but if I change jobs I'll be looking into a gas miser.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.